• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

mussel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stillmaticbeat
for you people who've gone to the barney's warehouse sale before what day is the best to go to get maximum discount if your a size medium? i hear they slash prices further the longer you wait...obviously at the cost of styles/sizes.

It depends. There're plenty of house brand till the end. Popular brands like Brioni, Kiton, C&J don't last long.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just go when I can get there. I will be in Manhattan next week. Planning to check out Barney's. Are there any other good sales going on?

I will miss Tourneau's by one day.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The above post made me dig for details.

Tourneau sample sale (once again)
SATURDAY, Feb. 12th through THURSDAY, Feb. 17th
9:00am to 6:30pm Daily
(Just West of Penn Station - Between 8th & 9th Avenues)

Credit Cards Only (American Express, Visa, MasterCard)

All Sales Final
*Excludes Rolex and Patek Philippe

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
The above post made me dig for details.

Tourneau sample sale (once again)
SATURDAY, Feb. 12th through THURSDAY, Feb. 17th
9:00am to 6:30pm Daily
(Just West of Penn Station - Between 8th & 9th Avenues)

Credit Cards Only (American Express, Visa, MasterCard)

All Sales Final
*Excludes Rolex and Patek Philippe

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have done some checking through SF and TZ for good locations in Manhattan for watches. I am looking at new and vintage. This is what I have so far:

Tourneau (avoid)
Aaron Faber (avoid)
Joseph Edwards
Wempe
Deco
Cellini
Kenjo
Louis Martin

Any further recommendations when looking for vintage watches?

lureynol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
Any reports from Barney's Warehouse Sale that started today?

http://www.barneys.com/Barneys-New-Y...efault,pg.html

I picked up two ties there today. Selection of shirts seemed pretty poor (almost entirely the same white and light blue). Didn't bother looking at the suits (nothing there that would fit me) so can't comment there. Shoes didn't seem to have much, although they had several pairs of those Green leather and Brown Suede boots that showed up on here little while ago.

Hope this helps.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the shirt selection was poor as well, so were shoes and not many sweaters etc. I think they offer a nice selection on suits/SCs but that's about it.

FYI, I saw several Kiton ties at Loehmann's for under $50. Not where they put out their usual selection of ties but across from the men's cash counter. Also some Kiton suits but only in larger sizes (48).

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hermes sale (public) starts wed 3/23 @ soiffer haskin...

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Popped into barneys yesterday. Discounts/stock dont seem to be what they were in the past.

There were some nice spring/summer weight incotex but mens slacks had no additional discount. Was also a bit wary of purchasing final sale incotex that I couldnt try on without dropping trou in an aisle. I think they were upwards of $150.

There were also some Kiton, Brioni, and Drake's shirts that were also north of $200 with no additional discount.

Ties were an additional 40% off - the usual lay-out: you have to wade through to find the nicer Kiton, Brioni, Drakes stuff. Although I must say I thought some of the nicer patterns/fabrics that i saw were from the barneys house label. I picked up a nice yellow kiton 7-fold for about $65.

Scarf boxes were a bit of a mess but there were a few Drakes scarves (100% cashmere made in London) in Miami Hurricane colors with a bit of yellow thrown in. They were about $75, I think.

Not much in shoes and overcoats and there seemed to be the same old sportscoats and suits.

I'm not sure what is going on with the discounts for the final weekend - I thought it was strange that mens shirts and pants had no additional discounts this late in the sale.

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suits finally got marked down today. Shoes was a wasteland of converse and assorted house brands. Like philovance said, leftover SC from last year, didn't even bother with suits.

dsgNYC

Reaction score
I saw a pair of US size 13 (I forget the UK size) Edward Green Piccadilly loafers in brown (most closely resembled in these) at, of all places, Century 21 in Fidi. They are a little creased, most likely from being tried on, but not too badly and the soles weren't too worn. The tag on the box indicated they came from Barney's. They're priced at $340.

They had a bunch of other Barney's reject shoes, mostly some ugly John Varvatos and their Coop line. They did have one pair of C&J spectators in dark blue and white, but I forget their size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics