1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

What Paul Stuart does your friend have in 36 (suit size)?

2. Zabel

Zabel Active Member

anyone know when tod's sale is? wasn't it somewhere around this time last year?

3. WaxWane

WaxWane Member

I will take a look at the stock tonight and get back to you.

4. RedLeg

RedLeg Well-Known Member

Does Isaia increase the discount as the sale progresses?

5. doctorman

doctorman Well-Known Member

the SA told me they tend to have a "drastic" reduction in prices on their last day but they do not have gradual daily reductions.

6. WaxWane

WaxWane Member

There's one charcoal gray chalkstripe 36 suit, and one peak lapeled grey sportcoat. Aside from that there are seven size 38 suits.

7. clee1982

woho, at least on in 36, guess I will check it out then

8. WaxWane

WaxWane Member

Yup and for anyone that is wondering here is a more complete product/price breakdown:

Phineas Cole - Suits, all very classic Phineas fabrics, lots of stripes and textures, a few ticket pockets, some notch some peak, etc., $550 (1 sz. 36, 7 sz. 38) Sportcoats $600 (1 sz. 36)

Suede XS (which of course fits like a small) Brown Barbour with a paisley lining - $250

Our Legacy Mac/APC Cropped Trench/Ami M-65 - All Navy, Small, and $200

2 Loro Piana Vests, roughly fits size medium I believe, $400

Engineered Garments Reversible Bedford Jacket - $200

APC Barn Jacket Medium - $200

Ovadia and Sons Black Belted Moto Jacket Small - $200

Barbour x Tokito Quilted Jacket Small - $200

Lots of J. Lindeberg Jackets all unconstructed all smediumish probably going to be like $50-100 a piece, but I would be willing to deal heavily on these.

1 pair of Phineas Moleskin trousers size 31 very unique, $80

1 pair of Incotex size 32 I believe $60

Ties: Probably somewhere around 100 ties. Everything from Black Label knits, to Ralph Lauren prototypes that never got made, to about 30-40 Seven fold Phineas Cole/Paul Stuart ties, a few Drakes, a Berg & Berg, and tons more. 1 for $25, 3 for $60, 5 for $100

Pocket Silks: Various sizes, shapes, and patterns, Barbera, Ralph, etc. $20 a piece 3 for $50 6 for $100

Scarves: Gant, Ralph, A Cucinelli or two, a few Club, a few really random ones: probably between $10-40 each depending.

Random stuff: A couple Ray Bans, probably $50 bucks or something.

A few more miscellaneous things will probably be adding in over the next few days, but for now, that's the jist of it. And if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

9. manchambo

manchambo Well-Known Member

I just left the Isaia sale up three shirts and two ties and down only 500 bucks. In my size at least (on the large end) there's lots of staple stuff left. If I didn't already have them, I could have walked out with a navy, navy pinstripe, and charcoal suit.

10. chrisjr

chrisjr Well-Known Member

Where is the Isaia sale? anything in the 40L zone? Thanks in advance.

11. Torsion

Torsion Well-Known Member

http://www.thechoosybeggar.com/2013/06/isaia-napoli-sample-sale/

They had quite a few on the 40 rack from what I saw over the past few days - not sure if these were L. Worth going to check it out, I managed to pick up a db coat after pondering for two days - and that's in 38 which was very limited compared to other sizes.

12. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Well-Known Member

Any further discounts today, or are suits still $800-900?

13. Torsion

Torsion Well-Known Member

Don't think they will discount today - last day tomorrow and if anything they may discount then.

14. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

good luck with the isaia sale

15. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

A lot of nice stuff left. Hopefully the prices drop tomorrow. I am heading back in the AM

16. earthdragon

earthdragon Well-Known Member

I'm in NY on Saturday - is this still running?

17. sftiger

sftiger Well-Known Member

Just stopped in - basic suits are down to $895 and suits are $795. Still too expensive for me. Some nice basic pocket squares for $30, but I didn't love any of the shirts. Outerwear has some nice stuff but still expensive, basic dress shirts are $130, and they have some knits left, as well as pants.

Overall, great selection and definitely go if you are comfortable paying $1K for a suit anyway, but prices aren't what they used to be and certainly don't qualify for "sample sale" pricing in my mind.

And no, I don't believe it's still running on Saturday, but you could always call them to ask. I don't know the number though.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  18. clee1982

No suit in 36 though...?

19. sftiger

sftiger Well-Known Member

Not sure, I doubt it though. I'm a 52/54 in Isaia so I was looking in a different section. I feel bad for you guys that are 36/38 though, seems like you always get the shaft at these kind of things.

20. clee1982

Oh well, the fact I am the biggest cheap ass in town probably has something to do with it... My trigger point for suit is at least 50% off, and usually won't buy unless it's 80% off...