Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Steven Aver

Steven Aver Senior member

What did the corthays run you?

2. theyare

theyare Senior member

If anyone goes, please report in!

70% Off Band of Outsiders, Woolrich and More
    Gear from suit-and-tie champions Band of Outsiders, simple upscale sneaker hucksters Common Projects and plaid enthusiasts Woolrich Woolen Mills is up to 70 percent off. Things are looking up. Or at least looking good.
    411: Dec 18-20, The News Showroom, 495 Broadway (at Broome), 5th floor

3. Harrydog

Harrydog Senior member

With Trees about 1,000.00

Love Corthay. I got the green Cocteau. Previously bought the Arca. I'll definitely be on the lookout for more Corthay in the future.

4. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Almost $1000 including shoe trees and tax.

5. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

Should have posted earlier, but I was at Saks Flagship on Friday and they had a Kiton chukka boot in dark brown, size 10.5 in the sale section. Reduced to about $1600 with another 50% off . . .

I also looked in on the Edward Greens, if they were 30% off at some point, that doesnt appear to be the case any longer.

6. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

The Kiton chukka is incredible looking.

7. dsgNYC

dsgNYC Senior member

I was at Barneys yesterday and they've reduced a lot of merchandise so much that their flagship store kind of resembles their warehouse sale. I believe some pieces are reduced by as much as 75% and of the pieces that were on sale I don't remember seeing anything reduced by less than 50%.

8. jasonsun

jasonsun Senior member

The better question is are there anything left that are decent....i went to Saks on Sat and virtually all the suits are gone....so as much as i love HF, 60% of the MSRP simply isn't attractive.....

9. dsgNYC

dsgNYC Senior member

The better question is are there anything left that are decent....i went to Saks on Sat and virtually all the suits are gone....so as much as i love HF, 60% of the MSRP simply isn't attractive.....

Good point. I've been back to Barneys and Saks a few times each and usually found something I liked that wasn't snatched up because it was misplaced in the wrong section or size. It seems that patience is a virtue I possess only when bargain hunting.

I have a feeling that Barneys warehouse sale is just going to be the stuff I've been looking at the past few times I've been there.

10. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

11. ziggyosk

ziggyosk Senior member

So I'm brand new to the Dec 26th Shopping experience and I'm heading off to NYC tomorrow. I'm trying to plan out what stores I'll be going to and in what order and I need some help.

I'm arriving at Grand Central around 7:45am
    These are the store that I plan on going to:
    Saks
    Bergdorf
    Barney's
    Paul Stuart
    Turnbull
    Brooks Bros(Madison Store)

I need an overall plan.

These are the questions I have:

1. Does anyone know which ones of these stores are having sales? I know Brooks Bros, Paul Stuart, and Saks are. Any of the others?

2. Are any of the sales Time Sensitive? I know the Brooks Bros Sale is an extra 15% before 1pm) Do any of the other stores have better deals earlier in the day?

3. Do any of the stores open early tomorrow?

4. Since I live in CT will the stores allow me to ship what I buy home without paying the NYC sales tax?

My plan was roughly:
    Get off train, go to Paul Stuart then Brooks(since they are open at 8am and close to Grand Central.
    Then go to Saks
    Then Bergdorf, Turnbull and lastly Barney's

I probably won't eat till dinner time, the adrenaline from the clothes should keep me going till at least 6 or so. [​IMG]

How does my plan sound? Any Ideas?

12. ziggyosk

ziggyosk Senior member

anybody?[​IMG]

I promise to post pictures of my finds [​IMG]

13. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

sounds good to me. I know Oxxford had a small sign in the window that said they had some markdowns, I am not sure if the sale is still active and I am not sure if it is anything amazing. Oxxford is right on your way from Saks to BG on 56 between 5 and madison. Kiton is on 54 between 5 and mad also if you wanna check out the store and see if they have anything interesting.

14. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

ziggyosk, to answer one of your questions, everyone ships for sales tax savings.

15. T&A Fan

T&A Fan Member

I was at Barneys yesterday and they've reduced a lot of merchandise so much that their flagship store kind of resembles their warehouse sale. I believe some pieces are reduced by as much as 75% and of the pieces that were on sale I don't remember seeing anything reduced by less than 50%.

I was there on the 23rd, and my impression was totally the opposite. I found very few pieces actually marked down to 75% off, except a few tables of shirts and sweaters. I'm hoping this sale improves after Christmas.