Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Is the overcoat you are talking about green and in cotton? It is nice but I passed at $199 b/c it is too hard to use.
    Was it unlined moleskin cotton in dark green? Did you see any in 42R by chance?

2. Steven Aver

Steven Aver Senior member

Went to the sale this morning and yes it sucked.

3. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

came back from the wearhouse sale, actually for the bigger size ,46 to 48, there are good selection of Isaia, Battisoni and lavin suits. Picked up an light gray Isaia suit, for about 900 bucks. Not steal price, but I've been looking for a solid light gray suit for a while now.

4. JRM

JRM Active Member

I swung by the Warehouse sale earlier. Was in and out in 10 minutes. Didn't see much but I did see a dark brown C&J Cottesmore jodphur boot in 11 1/2 for about $319. Had some creases but still looked really nice. Would have bought it had it been my size.

5. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Also C&J Tetbury apron toe in chocolate suede 10.5

6. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I swung by the Warehouse sale earlier. Was in and out in 10 minutes. Didn't see much but I did see a dark brown C&J Cottesmore jodphur boot in 11 1/2 for about $319. Had some creases but still looked really nice. Would have bought it had it been my size.

[​IMG] Didn't notice those, but didn't spend long looking on the wrong size racks.

7. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Was it unlined moleskin cotton in dark green? Did you see any in 42R by chance?

Yes. No, only 40R.

Went to the Warehouse sale today. Came away with some socks and a Drakes scarf. The socks were Barney's labeled "handlinked toe, made in England" and looked close enough to Panterellas that I decided to try them.

Found some 7 fold ties (or were they double 4 fold?) by Battistoni $97 and Kiton $117, but too rich for my blood. Or at least they didn't look good enough to spend that kind of money on them.

8. RichmondStyle

RichmondStyle Senior member

Found a nice HF Mainline at the Barney's sale today in a solid charcoal - 42L. Not exactly a steal at $599, but if it's still around when they drop further later this week, would be a great pickup for a color that one can rarely find on sale.

I would have probably bought it had I not just come from the Mansion and tried on the same color suit in the Black Label, which fit me perfectly. The HF seemed extremely baggy by comparison.

9. theyare

theyare Senior member

is there a general timeline as to when the next round of cuts are made at the warehouse sale?

From what i recall, different items are marked down at different rates, is this correct?

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I think it's after a week. The sale is long.

Yes, different items get marked down differently, and some items within each category go further, like Barneys label shoes, and jackets/suits with a specific type of tag.

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Fashion Hayzus

Not really Manhattan; but, there is an Alfred Dunhill sale on Gilt that I just got an email about.

12. Steven Aver

Steven Aver Senior member

13. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Not really Manhattan; but, there is an Alfred Dunhill sale on Gilt that I just got an email about.

Yeah, I really end up liking Dunhill, got excited when I sat that. Rag&Bone coming up soon, too.

14. scruff

scruff Senior member

no solid tie at PS.

surprising there were suits and sport coats in extremely small sizes like 36 Short. but they fit and look awkward with their gigantic lapels. Definitely no basic suits/sport coats, all very dandy.

the best stuff is > size 40 and especially > size 46

Paul Stuart sale have any fabric for sale?

15. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Nope. It was a weird sale--not sure if it's over. It was in an otherwise empty, dirty, poorly lit storefront. We've been spoiled by Soiffer Haskin. I almost bought a Michael Drake for Paul Stuart tie, but didn't love it. There was a pretty cool 3 patch pocket Zegna cashmere/cotton brown corduroy suit, but it fit closer to a 40 than the tagged 38.

Speaking of SH, the Tourneau sale is on again soon: