• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob
Correct, but the last time they had the 60% off sale, the acorn and black brogues were off of already-reduced prices (675).

As you may recall, the chestnut brogue, which was the IDENTICAL shoe, was 60% off the full 1100.

I do remember the that but the shoes that i saw were all marked at regular pricing with no intermediate markdowns taken. Though I won't for sure until tomorrow.
smile.gif

coachvu

Reaction score
Is there any way to pin this thread so it's always one of the first few? Just seems that we'll be using this for quite a while...

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh - I can't go to Asprey until the weekend. I'm really busy with work this week. Please don't buy all the EGs!

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a quality guide to Hickey by Hickey Freeman? I believe that sale starts today.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Hickey stuff is fused but more stylish than the standard boardroom-ready H-F stuff. Their bid for the youth market. Print ads featured an irritatingly styled twig of a lad, but the clothes are all right looking.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you happen to be in downtown Brooklyn: I was in Daffy's on Atlantic Ave on Sat, where they had an OK selection of RLPL loafters -- the rubber soled ones -- in different colors. Size selection skewed larger. Also some RLPL leather soled sandals, simply styled. Daffy's prices were 100 or 150.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
If you happen to be in downtown Brooklyn: I was in Daffy's on Atlantic Ave on Sat, where they had an OK selection of RLPL loafters -- the rubber soled ones -- in different colors. Size selection skewed larger. Also some RLPL leather soled sandals, simply styled. Daffy's prices were 100 or 150.

They also had a slew of these loafers at dafy's on 57th St/Lex.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who made those RLPL loafers? I assume those loafers weren't made by EG?

johnnynorman

Reaction score
They're Italian made. The leather is very soft, but doesn't have a ton of character. Maybe a driving shoe is supposed to be that way. One thing I like about the Polo loafers is that they have a penny loafer strap over the vamp. A bit more masculine IMO. Still, I don't get a lot of the fascinatio with driving loafers like that -- they seem way too casual with anything more dressy than linen pants, but they don't seem comfortable enough to wear with jeans while bumming around the city. Maybe they are a country club type shoe -- i.e. for hanging out on the lawn. In any event, $150 seems about right, but it's not a deal that I've jumped at.

billiebob

Reaction score
These (PRL Bentley's) fit kinda narrow, in case anyone is wondering, and have a driver-type rubber block sole. Nice leather, but a little pointy for my taste.
Here they are on the polo site
http://tinyurl.com/g5c23

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I concur, they are ok, but not something I have to have. I still prefer JP Tods. Though, GVH is currently offering a few pair of either alligator or crocs in a honey color that are quite nice.

billiebob

Reaction score
Get thee to Asprey. The sale is ON, run by soiffer-haskin on site, third floor. Long wait to get in, but great deals on shoes in small and big sizes.

EGs are selling from between $203 and $350.
LAttanzi shell cordovan 1400-70% (only a couple of pairs left)
Lattanzi tan blucher 1100-70%
Some cool suede chukkas in several colors in large (11.5US) sizes, maybe a couple of smalls.

The EG black plaintoe blucher is ($800-70%). We talked about this shoe last sale time. It was selling for $400 back then, and now it's even cheaper.

All EGs are marked inside as "(sizeUK)/(sizeUS) E 202"

There are no more size 11US in anything except the big green Wellington boots and some white canvas shoes.

RTW is 60% off, meaning its still really expensive.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The RTW is still way too high at only 60% off, at the sample sale it was 90% off. The shoes sound tempting but the line sounds daunting.

Were there any shoe trees left and how much were they?

Ed355

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
I think the Hickey stuff is fused but more stylish than the standard boardroom-ready H-F stuff. Their bid for the youth market. Print ads featured an irritatingly styled twig of a lad, but the clothes are all right looking.

I went there. There were only four choice of jackets - two of them are so loud that they are not wearable by the average population, the other two, one is a navy blue blazer and the other a seersucker jacket. Construction of the jackets did not impress me. To sum it up, not worth the trip to go up there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads