Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

On a sad note, I got a letter from Loro Piana saying there will be no Spring sample sale this year.[​IMG]

2. speedster.8

speedster.8 Senior member

On a sad note, I got a letter from Loro Piana saying there will be no Spring sample sale this year.[​IMG]
    Sounds like you recived a letter anouncing death [​IMG] Are you a true adict ? Speed I like cashmere as much as the nextman ...

3. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sounds like you recived a letter anouncing death [​IMG]
    Are you a true adict ?

Speed
    I like cashmere as much as the nextman ...

I admit their outwear is addictive. I especially love a cashmere Horsey Jackets and a cashmere lined cognac leather Icer Coat that I have.

4. negusnegas

negusnegas Senior member

Unis on Elizabeth street is having a pretty amazing sale...Saw plenty of stuff at incredible prices (70%) and they also had next Fall's samples on sale below wholesale. They had great raw denim($40-50), denim in several colors, outerwear($150-300) and casual shirts($50-70) ala steven alan and band of outsiders. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.

5. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

Anyone going to the Pratesi sale tomorrow (thru Tue.)? I bought a set from the last sale, it's amazingly soft, silky smooth, light and buttery with a radiant glowing sheen. I especially love it during summer, it feels like 5 degrees cooler. I have a Frette set, there's no comparison, it makes Frette feel like sandpaper.

6. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

On my way to Pratesi this afternoon.

7. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I stopped in on Sunday b/c I was on the block. Unfortunately nothing in Full size. They had a lot of nice stuff, but prices are still very very high.

8. haganah

haganah Senior member

I stopped in on Sunday b/c I was on the block. Unfortunately nothing in Full size. They had a lot of nice stuff, but prices are still very very high.
    What did the prices look like?

9. lefty

lefty Senior member

What did the prices look like?

I was there on Sunday. Crazy prices and all over the place. Sets at $1200 down from $1800. Honestly, I found most of the stuff pretty ugly.

Couple of nice cashmere blankets down from $4000 to $1400, so I guess that was a bit of a deal but a $1400 blanket I don't need.

lefty

10. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

Pratesi had a few queen sheet sets still in stock in the very basic "hotel" fabric for $355-500. Nicer sheets were 800-1400. Prices seemed high to me and selection was poor.

Anyone going to Ralph Lauren Home tomorrow afternoon at the Altman building?

Have there been sheet sets at the previous sales? I need a set of sheets cheap. No rough Frette "Hotel collection" for $250 either.

11. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

Anyone going to Ralph Lauren Home tomorrow afternoon at the Altman building?

Have there been sheet sets at the previous sales? I need a set of sheets cheap. No rough Frette "Hotel collection" for $250 either.

Did anybody go to this? Reports?

Thanks,
    Dan

12. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Paul Smith

3/13-3/14 Save up to 75 percent on men's and women's clothes and accessories at the Paul Smith sample sale. 76 Greene St., nr. Spring St. (646-613-3050); 3/13 and 3/14 (11-7); 3/15 (11-3).

Shit, too late for me.

13. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Did anybody go to this? Reports?

Thanks,
    Dan

I went at lunch today, and picked up the dumbbell shaker which is in B&S. They had some absolutely beautiful furniture at painfully high prices, and a lot of crap like damaged picture frames and chipped vases. This was the first time I'd gone. No cufflinks to be seen. They had a cool vintage Hamilton watch, but it wasn't running and was still $300. Pass. There were two interesting old bespoke sportcoats tagged Ralph Lauren Vintage for $50 each.

They also had a bunch of nice art books for $5 each.

14. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

For future reference, I went to the Pratesi sale during the final hours, everything was additional 10-30% off. I picked up another set, once I slept in one there's no going back.

15. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

Which set? Not the hotel collection but one of the $1000+ sets? Thread count?