Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

Wow, I didn't know that asprey was already gearing down at the store. 3rd floor closed? Yeesh. I suppose it's possible that the sale will consist of everything that was left over from the last sale, plus the store floor stock.

2. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Are they running big sales at the store now?

Nope, they're in blissful denial mode.[​IMG]

Re: the china comment, agree that there will be good deals on leather, china and jewelry as the store still seemed loaded with those items.

3. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

I'm hoping they will have some soup bowls and teacups to go with the many place settings of botanical china I got at the other sale. If I'm super lucky
    I'll find the insulated liner I forgot to buy for the raincoat.

I'll bet they're going to be selling the cedar EG lasted shoe trees. These would be a really nice deal for 80% off the 100 retail.

4. aportnoy

I'll bet they're going to be selling the cedar EG lasted shoe trees. These would be a really nice deal for 80% off the 100 retail.

I asked specifically about shoe trees and got the impression that there are a bunch remaining and they will be included in this sale.[​IMG]

5. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

I actually never even looked at the jewelry. Does anyone remember if they sold any at the sample sale and what the discount was, if any?

6. aportnoy

I actually never even looked at the jewelry. Does anyone remember if they sold any at the sample sale and what the discount was, if any?

The jewelry was an excellent deal but it's quite expensive to start. For example, cuff link and stud sets were $3000+, less 60%(first day), less 75%(last day).

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Is it sick that I'm slightly regretting having booked a weekend in the Lake District for the same weekend as the NYC Asprey sale? [​IMG]

I happen to have a few days off around that weekend... if I'd know about the sale - at that level of discount - I suspect I would have decided to take a flight to New York instead!

8. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

The Lattanzis for Asprey can't really be compared to their own name models, but the shoe is still very well made and the rich brown color is superb.

I agree. The ones produced for Asprey and those under Lattanzi own lables are 2 different animals but they are still very well made.

The botanical-themed china was specially produced for an Aspey special event, I don't believe they have anything from that production left.

Just a mention of Asprey sale created a blizzard of postings, imaging what happens when the sale actually starts. Nothing brings everyone together without a flamefest like a good sale.

9. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

The botanical china was in the printed and online catalog and at the store. I asked why the china was at the Jan sample sale, and the associate did say that it had been USED at a special event (store opening perhaps). Also, the catalog set includes many pieces not available at the sample sale. We'll see.

10. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

Another lunch time stroll through Barney's. One pair of C&J size 10 for $369. I think they are the Clifford model in black, and still a pair of C&J for Barney's monk strap.

11. mussel

mussel Senior member

'hickey' by Hickey Freeman - Showroom Sample Sale

Sport coats retail for $695 to $795 now $149 to $299
    Tailored trousers retail for $275 now $69 to $119
    Knits retail for $148 to $188 now $39 to $69
    Cashmere sweaters retail for $495 to $795 now $149 to $299
    Wovens retail for $165 to $235 now $39 to $59
    Sportswear trousers retail $250 to $295 now $69 to $119
    Ties retail for $105 now $29

When: 5/17/2006 - 5/19/2006 9am-6pm
    Where: 745 5th Ave. (btwn 57th & 58th St.) Suite 1515, New York, NY 10151

And don't forget the Asprey sale this Friday.

I can hardly believe this...

ASPREY

Women's and Men's
    Clothing Shoes and Accessories

up tp 80% off

Friday May 19th through Sunday May 21
    10am-6 pm daily.

Trump Tower Atrium
    725 5th ave betw 57 and 57

credit cards only

12. WSW

WSW Senior member

Dropped by Asprey in NYC today and they had 70% off shoes, 60% off RTW and 50% off jewelry. Assorted housewares were on sale too.
    In the shoes: lots of loafers and sneakers in all sizes. There were quite a few boots as well. There was a nice brown monkstrap and brown suede wingtip. Also, they had the shoe trees stacked out in the open, probably due to the high demand from the last sale.[​IMG]
    All the ties were 60% off, nice selection.
    The RTW was still quite pricey, even with the discount. Lots of polos, shirts, sweaters, jackets, sport coats, overcoats and trousers, in all sizes.

13. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

Did you happen to note the general prices of the shoes? Were they in the 400 range, or 200 range?

14. aportnoy

Did you happen to note the general prices of the shoes? Were they in the 400 range, or 200 range?

Probably right in the middle as the EGs are priced between $800-$1000 and the Lattanzis are all about $1100, save the exotics which are $3500.

15. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

Correct, but the last time they had the 60% off sale, the acorn and black brogues were off of already-reduced prices (675).

As you may recall, the chestnut brogue, which was the IDENTICAL shoe, was 60% off the full 1100.