Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

If anyone wants to deal with the bad attitude of the salespeople at Eredi Pisano, They have a bunch of stuff at 50% off. They have a bunch of Castagnia made jackets for about $780-800 ($1595 or so retail), suits also but I did not check the prices, and some unknown make jackets which retail for $750 down to $375. They were Boglioli-ish in look and quality. They have some wonderful pocket squares for $70 a pop, not on sale (neither are any of the ties) and I would have picked up one or two but I just hate having a salesperson hovering over me as I look at stuff. Plus the girl was a real jerk ("is that one of our jackets?, no it's Borrelli. "Oh, you should not have wasted your money on that, we have a better one") so I just walked out but those squares were real nice and I might succumb [​IMG]

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

We need to get some kind of direct line to the Eredi Pisano store in Rome. Those are like their full retail prices.

3. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

They have some wonderful pocket squares for $70 a pop, not on sale (neither are any of the ties)

I was in there the other day and was informed that the ties are on sale. I can't remember if it was 50% off if you bought two or just 50% off the second tie. Anyway, there was some deal going on.

4. blank

blank Senior member

I quite liked the 16/20 sale. Better than the one I'd previously attended. Bought two nice shirts, though neither had MOP buttons, I think for $80 they're perfect. I can't tell you how much wear my two 16/20 shirts get, so putting two more in the arsenal made perfect sense. I was tempted to buy a bow-tie for $20 since it was a good price but I didn't know when I'd ever wear it.

5. scruff

scruff Senior member

I quite liked the 16/20 sale. Better than the one I'd previously attended. Bought two nice shirts, though neither had MOP buttons, I think for $80 they're perfect. I can't tell you how much wear my two 16/20 shirts get, so putting two more in the arsenal made perfect sense. I was tempted to buy a bow-tie for $20 since it was a good price but I didn't know when I'd ever wear it.

What sort of prices are their suits/sportcoats running for? I heard they had some 38s's left, so I'm tempted to hop on the train and check it out.

6. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

What sort of prices are their suits/sportcoats running for? I heard they had some 38s's left, so I'm tempted to hop on the train and check it out.
    IIRC, $200-300 for the sport coats, $600-800 for the suits. All the OTR jackets/suits are fused but they have a few MTM suits (no size tags) that are canvassed - some are finished, some aren't

7. blank

blank Senior member

There was a beautiful sport coat in EU48 for $150 that was just splendid through the body but a little too tight in the shoulders for my purchase. But this was soon after they opened yesterday.

8. ziggyosk

ziggyosk Senior member

there's a sale at Oxxford on 56th and 5th. 50% off most suits. They are clearing inventory for Spring. I looked at a few $3,000 ones marked down to $1,500. I wasn't expecting to buy anything otherwise I would have. A few really beautiful ones.

9. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Went to the Warehouse sale this morning. Boss, Hickey and Barney's suits, all around $500; one shoe worth speaking about (suede C&J Hallam in 9D [​IMG] black [​IMG] )
    Nothing to mention in shirts or sportscoats or ties.

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

The new house label Barneys suits are worth taking a closer look at. A good manufacturer, full canvas, etc. But the fit is a little funny.

I'll have to go over sometime in a week or so. Last sale I visited too many times and only bought on the last day anyway!

11. scruff

scruff Senior member

The new house label Barneys suits are worth taking a closer look at. A good manufacturer, full canvas, etc. But the fit is a little funny.

I'll have to go over sometime in a week or so. Last sale I visited too many times and only bought on the last day anyway!

Caruso, right? I actually love the cut of the old suits...I very much hope they have a few of those red-tagged.

12. scruff

scruff Senior member

Went to the Warehouse sale this morning. Boss, Hickey and Barney's suits, all around $500; one shoe worth speaking about (suede C&J Hallam in 9D [​IMG] black [​IMG] )
    Nothing to mention in shirts or sportscoats or ties.

how much?

13. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

$270, IIRC. A little shopworn too, but nothing that a steam wouldn't fix.

14. newinny

newinny Senior member

I went this morning, took a look around at the suits. Huge 38S collection which was unusual with one Brioni suit at 1500 dollars (very nice). Overcoats and jackets were all Barney's label but their prices weren't all that great.

Really good prices on pants: Incotex was 200, Burberry was 100, etc. Didn't see much in the shoes but there were a lot of Varvatos, Levi E, and some Acne jeans available. Ties were around 75 bucks. Salespeople were nice.

My purchase list:

1. Hugo Boss Suit - 400
    2. Zegna Jeans - 100
    3. Theory Wool Pants - 100
    4. Two Belts - 40
    5. [​IMG] Herno Jacket - 585

- 10% 'cause I signed up for a Barney's card right there.

Total: $1200

15. haganah

haganah Senior member

All junk as usual. Mostly Barneys branded clothing. The rest was crap from Boss, Burberry, and some cheap looking Canalis. The few items that were decent seemed like they'd been through hell and back. I saw the C&J suede loafers, not bad but it wasn't moving enough for me to stay there and wait in line. Also came across a paul smith jacket I already bought from Barneys over christmas and it was cheaper when I bought it. The hoodies from kidrobot were cheaper back then too. I love the crowd too...I swear frummies love this shit.