Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

50% off now at the Oxxford store.

2. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member

Does anyone know when the next and final Bergdorf markdowns takes place? I know it depends on the floor, but there are a few items that I wouldn't mind knocking another 20-30% off of.

3. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member

50% off now at the Oxxford store.

What goes on sale at the Oxxford sale? Is it similar to the Paul Stuart sale (i.e. barely anything on sale) or is it a store-wide blowout?

4. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Low Price Steez
    Sat at 35 Howard St, between Crosby and Broadway 212.219.2688
    70% off fall '07 gear from top designers like Acne Jeans, Alexandre Herchcovitch, Alexander Wang, and United Bamboo.

[ this is the address of opening ceremony, btw]

5. blank

blank Senior member

The genius of most NYC sample sales is hitting them on weeknights. There's no way in hell I'm going to that on a Saturday.

6. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Starting Saturday, January 12, Tim Hamilton's classic menswear pieces are up to 70% off at his three-day sample sale. Pieces from the Spring '07 and Fall '07 collection are all on sale, including sweaters for as low as $70 and coats at $300. Saturday and Sunday, from noon to 6 p.m.; Monday, from noon to 5 p.m. Cash only. Tim Hamilton Sample Sale, 195 Chrystie Street, 5th Floor, buzzer 502, (between Stanton and Rivington streets); no phone.

7. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Does Saks have another markdown coming? It's currently 25% off lowest sale price. Not much in my size, but I did see some nice double breasted Corneliani tuxedos, which would be around $750, if anyone is looking.

8. haganah

haganah Senior member

Ralph Lauren store: Anyone know if they'll have a sale before March?

9. Lint Brush

Lint Brush Senior member

Does Saks have another markdown coming? It's currently 25% off lowest sale price. Not much in my size, but I did see some nice double breasted Corneliani tuxedos, which would be around $750, if anyone is looking.

That's weird (or maybe not). On Wednesday it was 40% off the lowest marked price. I got a Hickey Freeman suit for a little over $500, from $1600. The HSM and Brant merchandise were approaching or exceeding STP prices--still, you get what you pay for.

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Yeah, I thought it was a little weird too, but it seemed like a number of things had been marked down a couple of times already.

11. romafan

romafan Senior member

Not to [​IMG] , but C21 has re-marked a large section of their tie sales rack
    "1/2 price". That $19 & $20 apiece for the Battistonis and H&Bs. These are not snagged/damamged/hideous ties - they are clearly moving out alot of inventory. Restockings daily. Just be aware that there a couple of sections for each....

12. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not to [​IMG] , but C21 has re-marked a large section of their tie sales rack
    "1/2 price". That $19 & $20 apiece for the Battistonis and H&Bs. These are not snagged/damamged/hideous ties - they are clearly moving out alot of inventory. Restockings daily. Just be aware that there a couple of sections for each....

Damn that is a great deal.

13. romafan

romafan Senior member

Damn that is a great deal.

chorse should just clean them out and put them up here (10/week) @ $40 a pop for the next year - there's a bespoke suit! [​IMG]

14. scruff

scruff Senior member

chorse should just clean them out and put them up here (10/week) @ $40 a pop for the next year - there's a bespoke suit! [​IMG]

Seriously. Went by this morning grabbed some scarves, squares and ties, and I was hella tempted to pick up some Chus, Isias and HBs to flip. Too lazy, though. I'll let Chorse have at it.

Also, the 1/2 price suit/sportcoat selection was pretty impressive for anyone wearing 42R-44R

15. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Damnit. Again, I wish I were in New York.