Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I will. What is the SCP store? I am in NYC.

2. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

South Coast Plaza, Orange County California (Costa Mesa to be exact).

3. MetroStyles

Doh. Thanks. Seems a bit far and I'd need to try it on.

4. Knowledge is King

Knowledge is King Senior member

The non-seasonal Black Label clothing is not on sale at all. I was just at the Polo Mansion an hour ago. With that said, there are plenty of "seasonal" suits on sale for roughly $450. Don't expect to find any basics on sale though.

5. haganah

haganah Senior member

The non-seasonal Black Label clothing is not on sale at all. I was just at the Polo Mansion an hour ago. With that said, there are plenty of "seasonal" suits on sale for roughly $450. Don't expect to find any basics on sale though.

The stuff that's not on sale is next season's line. This season's was on sale. I had a long discussion with the SA over this. We're friends now. He acknowledges that I am the king of all kings.

6. haganah

haganah Senior member

What is the current price of the Phineaus suits with the sale? Did you get those BL suits at the Mansion?

I didn't see the Phineaus sales prices. The regular ones were around 900. The BL suits were at the Mansion, yes.

7. haganah

haganah Senior member

You got BL suits at $450? That's like 75% off and cheaper than the sale Blue Label suits. Sure you are not smoking something?

I'm about to gloat, so please forgive me for doing so.

The exact price was 474.60 per suit. I got a solid navy, a pinstriped black (I liked it and I don't give a hoot what anyone here says), and and striped navy.

Now here is the kicker. I realized a week or two ago I had received a coupon that gives me a $50 gift certificate for every $250 I spend. So I walked right back in and came back out with a $350 gift certificate.

474.60 - (350/3) = the price a very, very happy customer paid for his black label suits today.

They did have smaller sizes but I don't know how many were left.

8. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I'm about to gloat, so please forgive me for doing so.

The exact price was 474.60 per suit. I got a solid navy, a pinstriped black (I liked it and I don't give a hoot what anyone here says), and and striped navy.

Now here is the kicker. I realized a week or two ago I had received a coupon that gives me a $50 gift certificate for every $250 I spend. So I walked right back in and came back out with a $350 gift certificate.

474.60 - (350/3) = the price a very, very happy customer paid for his black label suits today.

They did have smaller sizes but I don't know how many were left.

Gloat away as that is an amazing an possibly once in a lifetime deal [​IMG]

9. MetroStyles

So I talked to the Mansion store in NYC today. There are ZERO Black Label 38Rs left on sale.

10. chas

chas Senior member

I didn't see the Phineaus sales prices. The regular ones were around 900. The BL suits were at the Mansion, yes.

I checked out Paul Stewart in NYC today. Phineaus suits are on sale for $1295 and $1395 down from around $1900. Still too pricey for me, too bad because they are beautiful and fit me perfectly.

11. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

too bad black label is only for skinny ppl ..... dame, becuase I love their peak lapel suits......

12. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

I checked out Paul Stewart in NYC today. Phineaus suits are on sale for $1295 and $1395 down from around $1900. Still too pricey for me, too bad because they are beautiful and fit me perfectly.

What are the ballpark sale prices for shoes and sport coats?

13. chas

chas Senior member

What are the ballpark sale prices for shoes and sport coats?

Shoes that were on sale were approximately 25% off - I didn't look at sport coats.

14. haganah

haganah Senior member

So I talked to the Mansion store in NYC today. There are ZERO Black Label 38Rs left on sale.

I'm sorry. That sucks bud. I felt really bummed when I went to Saks at 8AM for the sale and they didn't have the BL so I know where you're coming from. Short of doing MTM, BL is the only suit I've had that fits in both the shoulders and the length. I hope you get some 38Rs soon.

15. MetroStyles

I'm sorry. That sucks bud. I felt really bummed when I went to Saks at 8AM for the sale and they didn't have the BL so I know where you're coming from. Short of doing MTM, BL is the only suit I've had that fits in both the shoulders and the length. I hope you get some 38Rs soon.

Thanks for the condolences, although I am still very happy about the one I got a few months back. I ended up paying almost $900 for it, but I still considered it a decent deal. $450 would be out of this world. You are right, they fit really well for skinny guys. The pants are actually too tight on me, but nothing a good tailor couldn't fix.