Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I wasn't familiar with the term.
    That's disappointing to see it used here . . .
    [​IMG]

It amazing how some people cannot control their prejudices, even in a clothing forum!

2. scruff

scruff Senior member

It amazing how some people cannot control their prejudices, even in a clothing forum!

I'm sorry, but who exactly is being prejudiced here? Lack of political correctness, sure; but prejudice?

3. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

I'm sorry, but who exactly is being prejudiced here? Lack of political correctness, sure; but prejudice?

Where do you draw the line between political correctness and prejudice?

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

So the words bother you but you are using it as a signature ? [​IMG]

5. haganah

haganah Senior member

Frum means observant. It is the opposite of Frei. It is not derrogatory in the slightest bit. I've never heard of frummy before, whether for good or bad. I think we can all agree this is not really a big issue and just stick to discussing clothing.

6. scruff

scruff Senior member

Politically Incorrect - Saks salesperson to guy wearing yarmaluke "Hey, frummy, let's get you to a dressing room so you can try on those Zegna black suits so you can impress the other black suited frummies whose suits aren't as black as yours, frummy".

Prejudice - Saks salesperson to guy wearing yarmaluke "Hey, frummy, I'd help you to a fitting room if only you weren't a Jew. Later, bitch."

7. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Senior member

Just got back from the saks sale. I was able to pick up 2 pair of black label testoni shoes for about $150 each.

The place was packed and it was rather chaotic, but there were some good deals to be had. Also wanted to pick up a suit but couldn't find any 36r's...oh well.

In additon, got the girlfriend a rather nice pair of ralph lauren collection shoes for work. Does anyone know who makes their high end shoes that are made in italy?

8. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

The Paul Stuart sale is in full effect, one day earlier than advertised, per usual.

There are some killer shoes tis time around. Grenson Masterpiece Suede chukkas in size 9, GM tan shell cordo loafers in 8.5 and the GM version of the EG Shannon boot (suede/calf combo) is are all about 30% off.

Upstairs, the wool plaid Phineas slacks are on sale, I got two pair as well as two more pairs of the Italian moleskins...[​IMG]

There's also a nice selection of outerwear.

9. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

The Paul Stuart sale is in full effect, one day earlier than advertised, per usual.

There are some killer shoes tis time around. Grenson Masterpiece Suede chukkas in size 9, GM tan shell cordo loafers in 8.5 and the GM version of the EG Shannon boot (suede/calf combo) is are all about 30% off.

Upstairs, the wool plaid Phineas slacks are on sale, I got two pair as well as two more pairs of the Italian moleskins...[​IMG]

Did you happen to notice whether the Grenson ankle boots(looks like the cj coniston) were on sale? I think they were called the andy?

10. aportnoy

Did you happen to notice whether the Grenson ankle boots(looks like the cj coniston) were on sale? I think they were called the andy?

I don't think so. But it's worth giving them a call. There were more GM's than ususal, all priced at $475 from $678.

11. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

I'm not using it in a derogatory manner (I am a card carrying member) but i thought it was hilarious to hear "Moishe I just bought 13 suits. It's a bargain." And I may have seen one or two frummies in my life at Saks but this morning I saw at least 10 in the mens section buying some really hideous outfits and ties.
    Friggen hilarious--from another card carrying member. This is really a local new york type of thing. Politically incorrect, yes, but really it is strickly a demographic observation from one new yorker. And yes I have seen the invasion of the frummers myself.

12. Alphadave

Alphadave Senior member

Also just back from Saks

All Brioni suits were 50% off this morning, which sadly only made them half as unaffordable...
    Also lots of Zegna shirts around $100, but mostly striped.

I picked up a nice Coneliani suit down from (supposedly) $1595 to $540 and some RL Balmorals for $200. Does anyone know who makes the Italian shoes for RL?

13. mr. magoo

mr. magoo Senior member

Upstairs, the wool plaid Phineas slacks are on sale, I got two pair as well as two more pairs of the Italian moleskins...

Did you notice if the Phineas suits are on sale?

And are you speaking about the Phineas outerwear or the regular stuff?

14. aportnoy

Did you notice if the Phineas suits are on sale?

And are you speaking about the Phineas outerwear or the regular stuff?

Didn't notice any suits or sportcoats from Phineas, but a selection of outerwear, trousers and sweaters were all marked down.

15. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

Strange. When I went to Saks on Sunday I didn't see that much of interest on sale. Admittedly, I looked only at the suits and sportscoats in my size and at ties. The only suit that I liked was Polo Blue Label cream DB, but going for $750 (from $1999). Way too steep for me.

I'll definitely make sure to check out the Paul Stuart sale.