Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. coachvu

coachvu Senior member

An old thread mentioned that the T&A boutiques have a sale on RTW shirts each summer. Is this still true? If so, when is it?

2. johnnynorman

johnnynorman Well-Known Member

I stopped by the PDC sale. As of 12 pm, the room was surprisingly calm and clean. All the jeans are on hangers, which makes for nice shopping. Seemed to be about ten pair per size, in a couple of washes. For size 31 (my PDC size), I only looked at a pair of medium/dark wash GTO boot cut.

Prices were 1 pair for $75 (so-so) or 2 for $120 (pretty good). I assume you can mix and match guys and girls jeans for the 2 for $120 deal.

Shirts and stuff were a little high for what you get IMO. $60 for button down and $30 or so for tees. They had cord blazers for women for $50 I think, which seemed like a pretty good deal.

3. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

I can hardly believe this...

ASPREY

Women's and Men's
    Clothing Shoes and Accessories

up tp 80% off

Friday May 19th through Sunday May 21
    10am-6 pm daily.

Trump Tower Atrium
    725 5th ave betw 57 and 57

credit cards only

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

ASPREY

Women's and Men's

up tp 80% off

10am-6 pm daily.

Trump Tower Atrium

credit cards only

Well at least they don't have to transport the goods very far... Probably selling the inventory of the Asprey store downstairs...

5. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

ASPREY

Women's and Men's

up tp 80% off

10am-6 pm daily.

Trump Tower Atrium

credit cards only

Oh lord, not again.[​IMG]

6. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Senior member

ASPREY

Women's and Men's

up tp 80% off

10am-6 pm daily.

Trump Tower Atrium

credit cards only

OMG!! [​IMG]

I didn't expect it so soon. I am gonna do some pre-shopping this Wed.

7. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

Maybe they will apply the same discount to the Trump merchandise they sell there. That way I can buy a really bad tie to match my equally bad shirt, with equally bad cufflinks and watch.

8. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

Financially I am just recovering from the last sale. I thought several hedge funds rescued Asprey from the near certain demise of their US operation. I didn't think they would have a sale after that.

I guess I'll concentrate on the summer stuff. No more overcoats or man-bags this time. If the cashmere sport coats are out however...

9. von Rothbart

I don't like the location at all. At least at Metropolitan Pavillion, you only compete with people in-the-know. At Trump Tower Atrium, you have to compete with tourists and riff-raff in addition to those in-the-know.

It's not a bad idea to take that Friday off, it doesn't look professional to walk into office with 4 or 5 over-stuffed brown shopping bags.

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Crap. I'm out of town that Sunday. Otherwise I'd be there first thing. Will surely be late on Friday May 19th, though. Maybe I can pay someone to pick things up for me if they're still around on Sunday?

11. aportnoy

I don't like the location at all. At least at Metropolitan Pavillion, you only compete with people in-the-know. At Trump Tower Atrium, you have to compete with tourists and riff-raff in addition to those in-the-know.

It's not a bad idea to take that Friday off, it doesn't look professional to walk into office with 4 or 5 over-stuffed brown shopping bags.

Couldn't agree more VR. It means an extra early arrival and somewhere to stash the goods.

12. marc237

marc237 Senior member

IIRC, the last Asprey sample ale also featured the horribly slow check-out with each item number being labouriously written down by hand in some sort of ledger. Combine that with the hordes of mid-town tourists and there maybe some seriously cranky shoppers.

13. aportnoy

IIRC, the last Asprey sample ale also featured the horribly slow check-out with each item number being labouriously written down by hand in some sort of ledger. Combine that with the hordes of mid-town tourists and there maybe some seriously cranky shoppers.

I'd completely blocked that out. I spent more time on the check out line than shopping.[​IMG]

14. von Rothbart

I thought several hedge funds rescued Asprey from the near certain demise of their US operation. I didn't think they would have a sale after that.

Where did you hear this news from? I certainly hope they don't fold their NY operation.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Where did you hear this news from? I certainly hope they don't fold their NY operation.

Sciens, Plainfield (two hedge funds) and management bought the Company in an LBO transaction in March 2006. Garrard was concurrently sold to Yucaipa (PE shop)