1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by von Rothbart, Mar 9, 2006.

1. judges76

judges76 Senior member

What suits are comparable to Piatelli? Are they canvassed, half-canvassed, fused?

2. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

chorse, you are a prince. I now feel 100% good about my purchase. [​IMG]

(hopefully my wife will agree...)

I don't disagree with chorse, and the Lanvin suits were the only ones at Barney's I was tempted by. $800 was above my budget though.

I did see a pair of Thom Browne white calf longwings in a 12 for the low, low price of $810! Don't every jump up at once, now....

3. adambparker

adambparker Senior member

Yeah, had to double-check with my wife to make sure it was ok. Last clothing purchase for many moons...

4. RSN125

RSN125 Senior member

Just back from the warehouse.

Any one a 48R and looking for a beautiful plain navy blue 2 (or 3 - I cant remember) side vents Brioni blazer for $199 no imperfections to the eye?

I found it in size 40 - couldnt not believe my eyes as to what a steal, then realized it was WAY to big. I left it there, in SEPERATES. It's the last jacket before size 44. IT IS AN AMAZING DEAL. Was probably part of suit or something.

I would have bought and resold it here except I just don't have time or energy for. So it's out there for any SF'er.

Good Luck.

5. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

Yeah, had to double-check with my wife to make sure it was ok. Last clothing purchase for many moons...

Grow some balls.

6. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

i did ok at the sale, horrible selection of shoes though. Got a black Boo suit for 409, dries van noten suit 269.00, dior homme black blazer 200, miu miu shirt 89 and found a brioni jacket and matching pants in the "damaged" section which is huge but cost 269 so ill probably flip it on ebay.

7. Steven Aver

Steven Aver Senior member

Anyone know if there are a lot of 36r There? Maybe I will go early tomm befor I get to the office. Does it open at 8am everyday?

8. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Stopped by the Paul Stuart sale with a fellow forumite. Very limited stock in smaller sizes (one decent 36S short suit). If you are a size 40, There is a beautiful overcoat for $299. Ties were an ok value at $25 (a few English made goods). Make sure to check for snags.

No shoes or accessories.

BTW, Massimo Bizzocchi has a pretty good discount at their West Village location. A few pieces of Sartorio on sale for 65% off (from 3-4kish for suitings) and a variety of dress shoes in the range of 1-1.2k minus 65%. They also have a select number of Sabelt driving shoes for $50 each. Similar to Tod's for a very attractive price.

Is the overcoat you are talking about green and in cotton? It is nice but I passed at $199 b/c it is too hard to use. Otherwise the rest of the stuff I saw was quite disappointing. IMO pretty much junk but YMMV.

Went to the Bizzocchi store at the Meatpacking a couple weekends ago but no spectacular shoes on sale. They had the lesser Lattanzi line which looked like rapid blakes (not sure if they were on sale). They do have some Ludwig Reiters with the classic AustroHungarian toe box ~$700. Quite nice and on par with St. Crispins.

9. adambparker

adambparker Senior member

This morning there was a whole rack of 36R. They open at 8 today and tomorrow and then later (I think 10 on weekdays) through the end of the sale.

10. Steven Aver

11. Dmax

Dmax Senior member

Is the overcoat you are talking about green and in cotton? It is nice but I passed at $199 b/c it is too hard to use.
    Was it unlined moleskin cotton in dark green? Did you see any in 42R by chance?

12. Steven Aver

Went to the sale this morning and yes it sucked.

13. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Senior member

came back from the wearhouse sale, actually for the bigger size ,46 to 48, there are good selection of Isaia, Battisoni and lavin suits. Picked up an light gray Isaia suit, for about 900 bucks. Not steal price, but I've been looking for a solid light gray suit for a while now.

14. JRM

JRM Active Member

I swung by the Warehouse sale earlier. Was in and out in 10 minutes. Didn't see much but I did see a dark brown C&J Cottesmore jodphur boot in 11 1/2 for about $319. Had some creases but still looked really nice. Would have bought it had it been my size.

15. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

Also C&J Tetbury apron toe in chocolate suede 10.5

16. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I swung by the Warehouse sale earlier. Was in and out in 10 minutes. Didn't see much but I did see a dark brown C&J Cottesmore jodphur boot in 11 1/2 for about $319. Had some creases but still looked really nice. Would have bought it had it been my size.

[​IMG] Didn't notice those, but didn't spend long looking on the wrong size racks.

17. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Was it unlined moleskin cotton in dark green? Did you see any in 42R by chance?

Yes. No, only 40R.

Went to the Warehouse sale today. Came away with some socks and a Drakes scarf. The socks were Barney's labeled "handlinked toe, made in England" and looked close enough to Panterellas that I decided to try them.

Found some 7 fold ties (or were they double 4 fold?) by Battistoni $97 and Kiton $117, but too rich for my blood. Or at least they didn't look good enough to spend that kind of money on them.

18. RichmondStyle

RichmondStyle Senior member

Found a nice HF Mainline at the Barney's sale today in a solid charcoal - 42L. Not exactly a steal at $599, but if it's still around when they drop further later this week, would be a great pickup for a color that one can rarely find on sale.

I would have probably bought it had I not just come from the Mansion and tried on the same color suit in the Black Label, which fit me perfectly. The HF seemed extremely baggy by comparison.

19. theyare

theyare Senior member

is there a general timeline as to when the next round of cuts are made at the warehouse sale?

From what i recall, different items are marked down at different rates, is this correct?

20. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I think it's after a week. The sale is long.

Yes, different items get marked down differently, and some items within each category go further, like Barneys label shoes, and jackets/suits with a specific type of tag.