1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Manhattan and Brooklyn clothes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by 4realyo, Apr 26, 2006.

1. 4realyo

4realyo Active Member

I am going to Manhattan for a few days, and then Brooklyn for a few days next week.

Any suggestions of where the cool stores are? I am not looking for retails chains or department stores. I would like to find some unique designers and stores. Looking for casual wear: jeans, tshirts, sneakers, belts, accessories, etc.

I heard there ae goood stores in the East Village and SOHO.

In Brooklyn, I heard Williamsburg and Carroll Gardens.

The stores I have on my radar so far in Manhhatan are: G Star, Odin, Opening Ceremony. This may give you an idea of the type of stuff I am looking for.

In Brooklyn, I have nothing lined up yet.

I am hoping to get a list so I don't end up wasting too much time looking for stores.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

3. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Senior member

If you like G-Star sort of things you'll probably love Atrium. It's a really cool store with tons of stuff, but it was a bit more hip hop/"street" (don't know the proper term) than I like.

4. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

Make sure you hit the Uniqlo in the village. Its worth it if it's still there.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

In Brooklyn, Oak and Nom de Guerre (formerly ISA), In Manhattan, NdG, Breakbeat Science, a bunch of shops on or near Elizabeth.

6. Max

Max Senior member

Just wander around soho, the east village, and the LES. You'll find something.

7. Max

Max Senior member

Also, it's not that hard to go between manhattan and brooklyn. Just hop on the subway or get a cab.

I would hit up G star first; Supreme and a bunch of other shops are right down the street.

8. 4realyo

4realyo Active Member

OK, cool, thanks for the replies. I will check out those specific stores.

I just wanted to avoid wandering around and wasting the day looking for stores. I'll probably start in SOHO and then cab over to the LES.

I'll check back here if anybody has any more suggestions.

9. Max

Max Senior member

Just so you know, it's SoHo (South of Houston). I suggest walking if it's nice out, the 2 neighborhoods are actually quite close.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Just so you know, it's SoHo (South of Houston).

I suggest walking if it's nice out, the 2 neighborhoods are actually quite close.

On the same note, the street is also incomprehensibly pronounced "How" ston. I have no idea why. And Manhattan neighbourhoods are all pretty close. You can walk from Canal St. to about 80th in under two hours in a snowstorm (did that once.)

11. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

The guy the street is named after (since the 19th c.) had his name pronounced that way.

12. 4realyo

4realyo Active Member

yeah, I am pretty familiar with the streets and neighborhoods. I was born in Brooklyn, and had a business in Tribeca during the 90's. I am just not up on the latest stores. I have been going to Sak's and Barney's lately but I would like to try other stores.