• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Management Consulting Discussion

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
or you could PM me and I'd have both an answer and my life
smile.gif

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
or you could PM me and I'd have both an answer and my life
smile.gif

I've heard that Assange is working on a dump of all SF PMs for his next leak.
devil.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ramuman
I've heard that Assange is working on a dump of all SF PMs for his next leak.
devil.gif

Oh noes. Millions of sock puppets will be exposed. The shoe damage alone will be a danger to the economy.

calisanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F - where was your ILW? I had a blast in Singapore. Missed out on Kitzbuhel though
ffffuuuu.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by calisanfran
AF - where was your ILW? I had a blast in Singapore. Missed out on Kitzbuhel though
ffffuuuu.gif

I missed out on Kitzbuhel as well.
frown.gif
Lots of good European travel though. Did some serious damage in Milan and London and Cologne which was great for Kiton deals back in 2000.

John152

Reaction score
I know this has been covered some earlier in the thread, but I would like some more discussion of the topic. I'm currently a poli sci undergrad who has written professional level academic papers. I have a working knowledge of statistics and statistical programs. I feel that the academic work I've done demonstrates a fairly high level of analytical ability. How could someone like myself leverage this into working in a business arena. Would a masters of applied statistics or something like that be a smart move?

I'm likely going to go down the academic path, but I have a curiosity about other potential options.

maverick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by John152
I know this has been covered some earlier in the thread, but I would like some more discussion of the topic. I'm currently a poli sci undergrad who has written professional level academic papers. I have a working knowledge of statistics and statistical programs. I feel that the academic work I've done demonstrates a fairly high level of analytical ability. How could someone like myself leverage this into working in a business arena. Would a masters of applied statistics or something like that be a smart move?

I'm likely going to go down the academic path, but I have a curiosity about other potential options.

Best way... would be to just apply for a job.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I know this has been covered some earlier in the thread, but I would like some more discussion of the topic. I'm currently a poli sci undergrad who has written professional level academic papers. I have a working knowledge of statistics and statistical programs. I feel that the academic work I've done demonstrates a fairly high level of analytical ability. How could someone like myself leverage this into working in a business arena. Would a masters of applied statistics or something like that be a smart move? I'm likely going to go down the academic path, but I have a curiosity about other potential options.
Go into marketing or risk analytics. Worked very well for me.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan

Best advice I got was to always work with math. That's a skill that most people don't have, and few professional career paths teach. Now if only I'd listened.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan

Risk analytics with a political science undergrad?
confused.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score

Originally Posted by gnatty8
Risk analytics with a political science undergrad?
confused.gif

teacha.gif

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Apart from the obvious (less networking, less glamorous clients and possible less pay), what are the risks with taking a job with a boutique vs an MBB? Do you recommend MBA's apply for MBB first and only then settle for a job with a boutique if they don't get in vs just applying to a boutique straight up? Are the exit opportunities from a boutique really that much worse and is it possibletomove from a small boutique into an MBB after a few years?

excellent question.
lurker[1].gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
My view would be try to get some major firm experience for better training if you are young and relatively inexperienced.

If you have more experience and a specialty focus, a boutique is a perfectly reasonable choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics