1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Man Stuff (Things you love, that women just don't get.)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kai, Aug 26, 2007.

1. dr.no

dr.no Senior member

High fidelity audio equipment

2. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

Whisk[e]y (and, specific to me, bourbon).

3. vaclava krishna

vaclava krishna Senior member

[​IMG]
    Did you put, your shoes on, the BBQ ?

4. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored

Scotch.
    4. Controlling anything remotely. "You're like four feet away from the stereo, just get up off your lazy ass."
    Hell yeah.

5. Nick M

Nick M Senior member

The movie Commando.

6. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Whisk[e]y (and, specific to me, bourbon).

I still haven't met a woman who enjoys bourbon, scotch, or any type of whisk(e)y.

7. JBZ

JBZ Senior member

I still haven't met a woman who enjoys bourbon, scotch, or any type of whisk(e)y.

Every time I pour a glass of bourbon and my wife is around, she asks to smell it. She shudders in revulsion every time (and she's of 100% Irish decent [​IMG] ).

8. Homme

Homme Senior member

The movie Commando.

Good answer. In fact, the best answer yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Scotch
    Pristine vintage straight razors
    Three Stooges
    Monty Python

In each of the above cases, I get a look from Mrs. T. You married men know the look. That look, the one that says, "I know I said I do, until death do us part, and all that, but right now I would throw you back and try again."

The good news is that Mrs. T does go for steaks, cigars, and bourbon. She tolerates my table saw, planer, chisels, planes, etc, since she likes what comes forth.

10. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

hooters blows
    and real men know that a real steak is to be eaten without any A1 sauce

+1 but then again JB is a boy, not a man

Rally, AutoX, fixing old cars are all hobbies of mine that previous GFs couldnt stand or didnt understand why I liked them. My Fiance likes going to races [​IMG]

11. VMan

VMan Senior member

Nice rod, Kai.

I used to be an avid fly fisherman when I was much younger. I tied my own flies, and was featured in a mainstream fly fishing/fly tying magazine when I was 14 or so, for some patterns I invented.

12. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm not sure you know any women. The ones you hang out with are still girls. Women like whiskey.

13. thinman

thinman Senior member

1) a good pocket knife. For 35 years, I carried my Dad's, but I recently retired it since it's the only thing of his that I own and he died when I was nine.
    2) a reversible, variable speed drill. Useful for driving or removing screws and boring big-ass holes in anything.
    3) a heavy bag for kicking/punching. There's no better (legal) stress relief.

Connie, I have a colleague who surprised me one night by ordering a specific, single malt scotch by name. When I asked her about it, I quickly realized she'd met her husband in Scotland (and yes, he's Scottish).

Thomas, I think women, and wives in particular, need to learn to accept the bad with the good. Lord knows we put up with enough. After all, who in their right mind needs 50 pairs of shoes?? Oh.....never mind.

Edit: Congrats to ratboycom. The engagement is recent, no?

14. DuncanM

DuncanM Well-Known Member

Tournament bass fishing....she says it is too dangerous. It scares me sometimes.

MMA...no hope there.

Sex drive...I hit her up every chance I get. It appears I am like a dog.

15. briancl

briancl Senior member

I think its usually a good thing that women don't understand these things. It's nice to have some hobbies of your own.

16. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

[​IMG]

Really, I was going on the general impression most men would give. I'm not too big on Hooters either, but I do like my A1. Real men eat whatever the hell they want and don't let people on internet forums tell them otherwise.

JB

17. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

[​IMG]

Really, I was going on the general impression most men would give. I'm not too big on Hooters either, but I do like my A1. Real men eat whatever the hell they want and don't let people on internet forums tell them otherwise.

JB

+1 Well done!

18. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

My wife drinks both Bourbon and Scotch. My mother has, and has always had, Scotch each evening. +1 on the no A1. Steak is not to be eaten with sauce, especially sauce from a bottle. Also, add a pipe to things men enjoy.

19. flylot74

flylot74 Senior member

fine cigars and cognac, usually at the same time!

20. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

[​IMG]

JB

Fair enough, but if you require A1 to like your steak, you haven't cooked it properly in the first place. Real men can work a grill and should wear out at least one pepper mill in their life. [​IMG]