• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Man of Steel (2013)

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Yeah, in terms of animated series, it goes:

- Batman
- X-Men
- Spider-Man
- JLA
- Superman

I'd put X-men last, I loved it as a kid but it just doesn't hold up as well as Batman or JLA.

Originally Posted by JMRouse
The correct order is this:

Batman
JLA Unlimited
X-Men
Spider-Man
Batman Beyond
Superman

I loved Batman Beyond, especially old Bruce Wayne.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gradstudent78

I loved Batman Beyond, especially old Bruce Wayne.

I was thinking after I posted that it should have been higher.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Would be cool if they included a moment like this in the film:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would be cool if they included a moment like this in the film:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

That used to be my avy in another forum. They need to do a short series showcasing Supermans full strength and what he can really do if he doesn't care or knows that his enemy can take what he can give.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
That used to be my avy in another forum. They need to do a short series showcasing Supermans full strength and what he can really do if he doesn't care or knows that his enemy can take what he can give.

+1 to both posts.

His greatest strength, in a way, is his control of his power. The fact he can shake someones hand without crushing it to paste is amazing.
People are always posting Iron Man vs Superman, Hulk vs Superman etc.... Superman's full power is just ridiculous.... there's no real comparison, he has unmatched strength, and nearly unrivaled speed. The two combined...

Now, if we were talking Silver Age Superman....

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I agree. It would be fun if they did that.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
+1 to both posts.

His greatest strength, in a way, is his control of his power. The fact he can shake someones hand without crushing it to paste is amazing.
People are always posting Iron Man vs Superman, Hulk vs Superman etc.... Superman's full power is just ridiculous.... there's no real comparison, he has unmatched strength, and nearly unrivaled speed. The two combined...

Now, if we were talking Silver Age Superman....

Actually, I would like to think the Hulk could take on Superman. His strength is only limited by his anger and emotional state.
teacha.gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Actually, I would like to think the Hulk could take on Superman. His strength is only limited by his anger and emotional state.
teacha.gif

In theory, Hulk could beat anybody. There is no upper limit on his power.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, Supermans only weakness is kryptonite and magic and the hulk has neither. The Hulk is still a stupid mutant. Now if we are talking about WW Hulk, then it might be a more even bout but Silver Age Superman ran around the world to go back in time, he had psionic powers and mind control. We really haven't seen what Supermans limits are while with the Hulk, we can pretty much see it. Superman just too many weapons in his arsenal and each hasn't reached it's limit or at least not from we have seen. Superman has used his heat vision to burn a bunch of Doomsday clones with one blast.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nah, Supermans only weakness is kryptonite and magic and the hulk has neither. The Hulk is still a stupid mutant. Now if we are talking about WW Hulk, then it might be a more even bout but Silver Age Superman ran around the world to go back in time, he had psionic powers and mind control. We really haven't seen what Supermans limits are while with the Hulk, we can pretty much see it. Superman just too many weapons in his arsenal and each hasn't reached it's limit or at least not from we have seen. Superman has used his heat vision to burn a bunch of Doomsday clones with one blast.

Hulk beat the Sentry which was Marvel's Superman clone/take/ripoff/homage/whatever.
laugh.gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The original Doomsday killed Superman using neither kryptonite nor magic, just brute force. A battle against a fully-powered Hulk would probably play out similarly. Now, I don't think it's fair to cherrypick our incarnations of Hulk or Superman, either. If you go with the toughest version of Superman, you have to pick the toughest version of Hulk.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
World War Hulk was pretty insane.

Avocat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
Is Superman an American citizen?

Originally Posted by gladhands
Clark Kent probably has a U.S. passport.

fight[1].gif
LOL

Actually, Superman was conceived (created) by a Canadian; born in Canada (Toronto) in 1914, Superman moved to the US (Ohio) when he was 10 ... (or so I read somewhere). Anywho, since visitors are called "aliens" in the US for US immigration purposes, you're both correct ...
smile.gif

As to the reboot, agree with most of the comments here.

Lots being said about it (i.e., Zod seems to be the villain, w/ some saying Lois is in as will be Ursa, others saying she's not), so dunno. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it like most of you, though (and good comments, all). Have to wait and see, I guess.

BTW, JM, good job on the photo shop -- looks good
smile.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
In theory, Hulk could beat anybody. There is no upper limit on his power.
+1 You wouldn't like him when he's angry. EDIT: Actually the way they write Wolverine these days, the same could pretty much be said for him.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Doomsday killed Superman using neither kryptonite nor magic, just brute force. A battle against a fully-powered Hulk would probably play out similarly.

I read somewhere that Doomsday actually has some magical properties and that explained Supes being beaten to death. And even then Superman still held his powers and punches, even when dying he still pulls his punches and powers.

With Sentry, it's the same thing, Sentry probably fought the Hulk with everything his got but we have yet to see what Superman can really do.

If we take the personality out of the equation, as in Superman never wants to kill and he is just allowed to go all out, chances are if there are no magic or kryptonite involved, he can take out almost anyone out there. Actually, even if Magic and kryptonite are involved, he can probably still come out on top. It really depends on the writer, in Kingdom Come, Superman has consumed enough yellow sun that kryptonite doesn't even weaken him anymore. I still say Silver Age Superman > any heroes/villains out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads