1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Man of Steel (2013)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Neo_Version 7, Jan 30, 2011.

1. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think it would be interesting if they made Batman older and the strife is all about Bruce loosing his grip with being the "guy"...

2. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Matthew Goode would make a pretty cool Bruce Wayne/Batman and he's already proven he can do the superhero thing in Watchmen (another Zack Snyder movie), was excellent in Stoker too and was a top contender during the castings for Man of Steel as Clark Kent/Superman apparently.

Also, Matt Bomer who coincidentally has voiced Superman/Clark Kent in Superman: Unbound and Karl Urban who has done Dredd, Star Trek and Bourne Supremacy.

The only thing I hope WB doesn't do is cast someone taller than Cavill because Batman cannot be taller than Superman.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    If they are smart they won't position this film as MoS 2, but it's own separate thing. Too much baggage would be carried over and I would honestly like to see Superman get his own true sequel without having it be so Batman heavy.

Worlds Finest makes a lot of sense, but I guess I can see why they might be hesitant with that title. Unlike "Man of Steel" it wouldn't hold much weight with the general public.

Overall I am going to remain optimistic here. I'm glad that DC is finally expanding their movies to acknowledge a greater universe beyond each films core character. Moves like this will help transition them towards JLA and other team franchises.

4. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

I don't know, I could see a lot of the events from MOS leading directly into this next movie, it also helps to firmly place it in the MOS universe and further distance it from the Nolan movies. On the other hand, I was kind of hoping all the death and destruction from MOS would lead into the Superman/Luther relationship, but I could see them doing that with Superman/Batman instead, but that seems less satisfying to me.

5. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think Fassbender would make a great Bruce Wayne. He has that charming yet brooding look on him.
    [​IMG]

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

You are already set up for disappointment:

7. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

I like Fassbender, but he always seems way too thin physically for what I imagine Batman to look like, especially if he was standing next to Cavill.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

To be fair, Superman should be more built and bigger anyways. Batmans gear padding should help too one in a suit.

Plus Keaton, Looney and Kilmer all played Bruce Wayne so Fassbender should be no problem.
    Fassbender was actually pretty ripped in 300 and he was much younger then, I am sure a few months of training and some steroids will bulk him up.
    At the moment, I think he is built like Bale.

9. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing Batman be the villain of the movie. Essentially make MoS2 where Bats is the bad guy. Having a super-team-up seems a bit hokey to me at this point and in the context of the MoS universe.

I thought about Matt Bomer too...

10. whnay.

whnay. Senior member Dubiously Honored

He almost has to be the bad guy - how is he going to hang with Superman? He is invincible...

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

They are not going to make Batman a villain. :lol:

They might have a confrontation to start it off, maybe a small battle but Batman can't be the antagonist in the film.

1 person likes this.
  12. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

It will either be that or they start to work together on something, but eventually one of them disagrees with how the other is handling the situation, and then they fight about it, but then ultimately put their differences aside and become bros.

I like Jim Caviezel as Bruce, not sure if he can pull it off, or if they are looking for an older Batman.

My guess is they are looking for a 28-30yr old Batman, assuming that he has already been operating before MoS and a little bit more refined as Bats, rather than a newbie superhero like Supes. If that's the case and their looking for a lesser known actor, Gabrielle Macht (Suits, Spirit) has my vote.

13. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I like Matt Bomer, though he might be too pretty to be Batman.
    Rfx, Fassbender as an actor could play any role becasue he´s truly amazing, but in my case I can´t quite see him as the dark knight.

14. Saturdays

Saturdays Senior member

I like Matt Bomer, but I feel the same way, wrong face for Bruce Wayne. He's more of a Night Wing imo.

15. JustChris

JustChris Senior member

Bomer seems too short to be Batman. I like Karl Urban for the role, but I doubt they'll go that way.

16. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Karl Urban could be really good, but he's also already 43.

17. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

According to Google he's 6'0, same height as Christian Bale. Henry Cavill is 6'1, so it works out well.

Like I said though

Goode is slept on and would be totally able to pull off Bruce Wayne/Bats.

18. Jr Mouse

I love Karl Urban, but I just can't see him as Batman.

19. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

+1

I've always wanted Bruce to look like this:

[​IMG]

but since that seems unlikely to happen, I think the best one suggested above is Jim Caviezel.

20. Jr Mouse

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013