• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Man of Steel (2013)

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the "realistic" take on Superman, inasmuch as I think it would be very interesting. I think that the idealistic take on Superman's character from the 1920s would be far different a century later. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Superman could ever be the "anti-hero" type character ala Wolverine, but I think this will be very interesting.

Gorthaur Melwasul

Reaction score
I don't cre about a realistic Superman.
I just want him to have worthy vilains. I mean real ones, not the joking Luthor or Kyprtonite....

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I actually blame you and people like you who have these impossible standards for children's comic book movies.

Children don't really read comics anymore like they used to. That is to say the largest market for comics and graphic novels these days are adults who grew up reading them. Stories have gradually become more mature over the years to reflect this and publishers like DC and Marvel have created separate lines that are more age appropriate for young children in hopes to bring them in as readers.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Children don't really read comics anymore like they used to. That is to say the largest market for comics and graphic novels these days are adults who grew up reading them. Stories have gradually become more mature over the years to reflect this and publishers like DC and Marvel have created separate lines that are more age appropriate for young children in hopes to bring them in as readers.

+1 Everytime I'm at Barnes and Noble and stop by the graphic novels section or walk into a comic book store I never see kids looking around. It's always adults browsing and buying.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kids these days w/ dem newfangled video games and their tweeting and texting.... no respect anymore.

Only half kidding. :sarcasm:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kryptonian Armors (on toy form)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
:crazy:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Likely be CGI in the film. Not that bad I think.

Here is Jim Lee's armored Zod.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why does Jor-El need armor and a gun? Are they changing the story to no longer make him a scientist? If so, how will he build the ship that transports his son to earth or even have the means to know that the planet they are on is about to explode?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He might be a general with an access to other scientific minds that has warned him of the impending doom? Zod might be his rival and plans to take revenge on Kal?

Or he could just be a scientist but in Krypton, everyone is just practically a warrior including nerds?

We'll find out in a few months.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about the possibility of these types of changes, but am going to do my best to keep an open mind. I really want this film to work. It needs to if DC is going to get it's franchises off the ground. I don't want Batman to be the only DC character with respectable movies anymore.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think be a very minimal change though and probably be a small part of his origins, kind of like how Raimi's SM Origins vs. Webbs SM Origins differs in ways (Webb doesn't even have the famous with great power, comes great responsibility speech) but it still works and doesn't detract away from the film.

As a big Superman fanboy, there really is no other movie I look forward to the most than this. Not only that but the JLA film highly relies on the success of this film, at the end I don't think Nolan & Snyder will disappoint. I doubted Nolan enough times (Ledger as Joker, tiny Bane) and have been proven wrong all those times so the film gives me hope that a Superman film can still work today.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just want to say, I am excited most about Michael Shannon. He is an incredible actor and I think will make this movie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads