1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Man of Steel (2013)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Neo_Version 7, Jan 30, 2011.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

3. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

Rambo's anticipation for this movie is palpable.

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Oh, indeed. I'm sure I'll love it as much as I loved the last Superman reboot. Maybe, this time, instead of sharing a kid, they can share a dog. Especially a little cute one like a Bishon or a Goldendoodle.

5. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I think that will be a given for anyone who's ever seen the Reeves films.

Or Smallville

Or even knows who Superman is.

7. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

Comic Con 2012 Panel

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

On other DC news... The Rock might play... Lobo?

[​IMG]

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Oh that would be a horrible solo film. Now, as the main villain/story point in the next Supes movie, I'm all for it.

10. Jr Mouse

God... EVERYONE is going to be getting a movie based off their character now. Will be interesting to see how long this bubble lasts before it bursts.

11. Neo_Version 7

I don't know. Potential movies with the more off-beat characters have been discussed for years (I.E. Deadpool, Silver Surfer, etc.) but I'd say a majority never make it past pre-production. Basically, we don't have much to worry about....yet.

12. Anthony K

Anthony K Senior member

I remember all the talk about a Lobo movie back in the mid-90s. It would've made more sense to do one back then, he was more popular and well known than he is now.

13. Jr Mouse

Avengers banking like it did just put all those projects on the fast track. I have a feeling we are going to end up seeing a lot of shitty movies based on characters no one really cares much about.

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Guardians of the Galaxy.

15. Jr Mouse

:laugh:

I actually think that one has a ton of potential. More then Lobo, Ant-Man, Dr Strange or any of the other rumored/announced properties.

16. Neo_Version 7

The difference is that The Avengers used that Five Year Wu-Tang plan. Really took their time with shit like the barely watchable Hulk film which eventually built up to the Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America movies. Finally, we got the Avengers film and history was made.

Studio heads looking at properties like Lobo and GoG expecting to make similar bank are in for a rude awakening.

17. Jr Mouse

I agree and it was kind of my point. They are all high off the success of Avengers and will green light anything staring a guy in tights.

18. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I don't know. With GotG, I could imagine a lot of CGI and we know how much more expensive those are (look at GL and John Carter budgets). I mean even look at Captain America, budget was $140mil before ads and marketing and it only made $176mil domestic. Worldwide it made $360 but the movies success and flops are based off domestic (I assume they do not take in as much for international sales as domestic?) and that is why the Incredible Hulk is considered a flop (made $134mil domestic/$128mil international with $150mil budget before marketing cost) and with Battleship and Superman Returns.

Thor also only made $180mil domestic with a $150mil budget before marketing.

I think it's obvious CA, Thor, Hulk and Superman has more fans and much more well known than GotG and I can still see GotG costing more to make than CA, Thor and Hulk while making less money. The only way GotG makes huge profits is if they make it for less than $100mil, which seems impossible with the CGI needed for the characters and likely whole world of the film.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Poster is Alex Ross inspired?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Didn't put that together right away. Good catch.