• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Man of Steel (2013)

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad Michael Shannon was casted. he has a natural villain look to him, doesn't hurt that he's a great actor to.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man of Steel to be 'Edgy' Like The Dark Knight

ClevverTV got a chance to talk to actor Dylan Sprayberry about playing young Clark Kent in director Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman movie, Man of Steel.

He said: "I just finished shooting 'Man of Steel.' That was in Canada and Chicago. I filmed that all last year."

When asked what people will love about Snyder's film, Sprayberry said that "when Zack [Snyder] and I were talking about it the first time, he was saying how Superman, they want to give it a more edgy feel like 'The Dark Knight' but also make it more realistic and emotional so it’s not just the all-american superhero that saves everyone. He has dilemmas and love and struggles throughout the whole movie, especially when he's a kid."

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The trailer for this can't come soon enough. I really want to get a taste of the overall look and feel of this film.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I seriously think that movie would have been much better if it ended 20 minutes earlier and if they didn't make the kid his son. It's like they forced it to be a big plot twist but just failed miserably.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

They went for emotional in the last movie and we got the creepy Superpeeper stalking Lois and his illegitimate child.

I seriously think that movie would have been much better if it ended 20 minutes earlier and if they didn't make the kid his son. It's like they forced it to be a big plot twist but just failed miserably.

It sometimes feels like I am the only guy who enjoyed that film.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoyed it despite him not punching anything or anyone but it really did run too long that it just felt like it dragged on (part where he was in the hospital). Anything after that hospital scene seemed unnecessary and pretty much renders his son unnecessary for the film as well. It just wasn't a good re-introduction of the character.

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I enjoyed it despite him not punching anything or anyone but it really did run too long that it just felt like it dragged on (part where he was in the hospital). Anything after that hospital scene seemed unnecessary and pretty much renders his son unnecessary for the film as well. It just wasn't a good re-introduction of the character.

I never quite got over how he lands on the island and was totally incapacitated, to the point that Luthor and his goons could beat him to a pulp. Then, post-beating, he's strong enough to lift the same damn island into freaking space. It made no sense at all.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I never quite got over how he lands on the island and was totally incapacitated, to the point that Luthor and his goons could beat him to a pulp. Then, post-beating, he's strong enough to lift the same damn island into freaking space. It made no sense at all.

Well the island was made of kryptonite so he got weak. Then to recover, he had to fly above the clouds to absorb some yummy yellow sun so he got stronger. Strong enough to lift the whole island and throw it out onto space just before passing out.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ THis. That really threw me off. A little piece of kryptonite almost kills him and then he has a huge island full of that pointed at his face and he lifts it to the sky. I know that the sun gives him his strenght back, but going from weakest person alive to lifting huge ass rocks was nonsensical.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Willpower guys.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

What is this? Green Lantern

Before new 52, I believe it was cannon that Superman had a kind of "super willpower." He uses it to take on the memories of Batman after the events of Emperor Joker. :foo:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads