1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Man of Steel (2013)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Neo_Version 7, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

1. While the film itself was bad, I liked Jennifer Garner for the part.

2. This was actually quite funny so I tend not to give it too much shit.

3. Why they even greenlit that pile of excrement, I'll never know.

4. I do have a soft spot for SM3 but casting Topher Grace for the part made the Venom character DOA as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

We've discussed this endlessly but it was simply a terrible idea. At the end, Supes became a stalker with super powers. I'm a big Superman fan and I really wanted to like the inclusion of the kid in the film but it was just simply a bad idea.

3. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I know it's been discussed to death here. Still think you guys are incorrect with your analysis of that story plot point, but whatever. We all have opinions and it worked for me. :nodding:

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I really did like the film int he beginning but I just saw it again last week and every time I re-watch it, I start to hate it more and more. The movie just moves so slow and he really never felt like he was "Superman" in the film.

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

fucking bryan singer should've stayed with xmen 3.

6. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Dude is looking to have the physique down... (no homo)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Info? Comic Con?

9. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

yes and supposedly an iron man 3 teaser as well.

10. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

I want to see this movie made....an older out of shape Superman
    [​IMG]

Failing that, Christopher will always be my favourite Superman

[​IMG]

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

12. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

As a kid I thought he was too scrawny. Now I think he's awesome. He really sells the supersuit, which apparently Cavill struggled to do. No plastic enhancements or tiny S logos needed.

Would like to see the shots of Cavill in the original togs.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Cavill or Routh? Because the article I posted just said Cavill pulled it off.

Routh is Reeves scrawny and at some scenes, it did remind you of Reeves, which was a good thing thing because that made it possible to pull off the weak Clark Kent. Cavill is really built though, like he could actually be a Superhero so it might be more difficult to make him look geeky or nerdy as Clark, he'd have to wear a boxy Hugo Boss suit from Macys to pull it off.

Not original but close enough?
    [​IMG]

14. Neo_Version 7

15. DocHolliday

Sure, he says that ... But Cavill looked so good and convincing in the iconic original that they felt compelled to change it?

Still don't see the point of a belt buckle and no belt.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  16. Neo_Version 7

^ To be fair, if you're talking about putting Cavill in the same exact suit as Reeves and slapping that on film, it would honestly look dated in 2013.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  17. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think they planned to have a whole new suit to begin with. I remember Snyder talking about that from the start. They wanted a whole new generation Superman and DC comics' New 52 series coincides with that as well so it makes even more sense.

18. DocHolliday

There's a compromise to be had ... If they'd gone with the original design in the materials used for Cavill's suit, it could have looked really cool. I like a lot about Cavill's suit -- the colors, even the muted S -- but the extraneous detailing, weird belt situation and general business let it down. It may be fine for 2013, but it will look dated in short order.

I'd really like to see the original design done up right. I don't think we've had an iconic take on it yet.

19. Neo_Version 7

I don't mind the general characteristics of the new suit but it just isn't the same without the briefs.

20. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Snyder also wanted it be more "alien"-like, as if it actually came from Krypton and that is what those weird new designs are including the chainmail-like texture. I believe the OG costume was out of the question from the beginning.

At the end, just like SpiderMans costume in the ASM, it'll likely look much better in action.

I don't think this will age quick though, it's different enough w/o going too modern. It actually has somewhat a classic look with the medieval inspiration and design.