Man of Steel (2013)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Neo_Version 7, Jan 30, 2011.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Why keep playing with the same Superman's Viliain movies after movies?

That's what I'm saying, I don't think he is even a very iconic or memorable Superman villain outside of the film. I really am sick and tired of him. I would rather see Doomsday in this one, seems like the perfect villain for Snyder too.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Why keep playing with the same Superman's Viliain movies after movies?
    That's what I'm saying, I don't think he is even a very iconic or memorable Superman villain outside of the film. I really am sick and tired of him. I would rather see Doomsday in this one, seems like the perfect villain for Snyder too.
    Its too hard to pull off Doomsday. They'd have to go completely CGI for that. I think Bizarro would be a cool choice but the masses wouldn't be into it. The thing I'd really want to see is an 2 or 3 movie epic with Darkseid. That would be fucking cool.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

[​IMG]

he'd look great as bizzaro

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Its too hard to pull off Doomsday. They'd have to go completely CGI for that. I think Bizarro would be a cool choice but the masses wouldn't be into it. The thing I'd really want to see is an 2 or 3 movie epic with Darkseid. That would be fucking cool.

Snyder has mastered CGI and green screen though. To be honest, the first Hulk movie cgi was great and that was 8 years ago, I'm sure the tech has improved by now where CGI could look great. The Incredible Hulks Hulk and Abomination was pretty damn good too. I think it can be done. I would love to see Darkseid and putting Doomsday in the this reboot could be part 1 of that, make Darkseid responsible for him and you got a good start to a trilogy.

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Snyder has mastered CGI and green screen though.
    I think an Angel just lost its wings

6. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I think an Angel just lost its wings

Come on now, you know it's true. Sucker Punch sucks but it is an orgasm to the eye.

7. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Come on now, you know it's true. Sucker Punch sucks but it is an orgasm to the eye.

According to my gf this is quite an unpleasant experience.

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

According to my gf this is quite an unpleasant experience.

[​IMG]

and neo concurs

9. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

While it would have been nice to have had a villain we've never seen before in this upcoming film (eg. Brainiac, Doomsday, Mongul, Darkseid), I'm not unhappy with it being General Zod. Shannon is a good actor, a good choice. Indeed, the entire cast is well chosen so far (though I'm concerned about the long term suitability of Amy Adams as Lois Lane).

I'm more concerned about Zack Snyder as the director. He's never done a particularly good film, certainly never directed a film with any true depth of character. Most of his films look pretty to the eye but lack soul. I don't want a Superman film in that vein.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I'm more concerned about Zack Snyder as the director. He's never done a particularly good film, certainly never directed a film with any true depth of character. Most of his films look pretty to the eye but lack soul. I don't want a Superman film in that vein.

Check out the Dawn of the Dead remake.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

It really isn't fair to judge Snyder since most of his works have been based on a medium and he tried to recreate it page for page. Like 300 and Watchmen, he probably could have done it in Watchmen if he had the option to make into a trilogy but instead he had to cram as much content as possible into one film. And to be honest, he did those two movies well with what he had to work with. Dawn of the Dead and Sucker Punch are the real true movies he really shows what he can do and although Sucker Punch was an utter failure, DotD was very well received. So far, he is batting .500. [​IMG] Unless we count the Owl film he did.

12. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

I'd say writing is often overlooked. Superman had his chance with an acclaimed director in Bryan Singer so I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

13. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Check out the Dawn of the Dead remake.

I have. Hated it. I've disliked all his films so far. Not a director of any substance, IMO, but I hope Superman will be different.

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I have. Hated it. I've disliked all his films so far. Not a director of any substance, IMO, and Superman will be no different.
    FTFY

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I'd say writing is often overlooked. Superman had his chance with an acclaimed director in Bryan Singer so I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

singer should've stayed with the xmen franchise, and now both xmen and superman are ruined.