• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Man dead for 4 years in Apartment

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
This may have to be the story of the day...

Man may have been dead 4 years in apartment

Associated Press
Oct. 3, 2006 10:45 AM

VIENNA, Austria - A landlord in Austria wasn't getting any answers to his letters to a tenant, announcing a rent increase.

So, he unlocked the apartment and went inside -- and found that the tenant had been dead for quite a while.

Police believe the man may have died three or four years ago. But his rent continued to be paid automatically from his bank account, which was automatically replenished by payments from his pension fund.

They found the mummified body in a bed. Elsewhere in the apartment, police found old Austrian schilling banknotes. Austria switched to the Euro on January first, 2002.

The 93-year-old man was a former university professor who's described as something of a recluse. Neighbors apparently didn't think it was unusual to see junk mail piling up outside his door.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Mummy fetishism? Wouldn't that be a niche fetish within the category of **********a?

Wasn't Norman Bates a mummy fetishist of sorts?

Indeed. I think someone might have had an accident when they were in the throes of passion.

raley

Reaction score
Unusual for junk mail to pile up... 3 years worth? That could be boxes full.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hell, four years is nothing. My soon-to-be ex-wife has been dead for at least ten!
wow.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Hell, four years is nothing. My soon-to-be ex-wife has been dead for at least ten!
wow.gif

Reminds me of the joke:

- I think that my wife died.

- Why's that?

- Sex is the same, but dishes are starting to stack up in the sink.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this story should have surfaced about 3.5 weeks later.
devil.gif

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...because, you know, increasing the rent on a 93-year-old...that's just bad karma...

Reaction score
my wife was telling me about an ancient chinese practice of eating nothing but honey for the last month (or so) of one's life; once dead, the formerly quick would be buried for one hundred years and then disinterred, mummified, but yielding a (delicious?) medicinal slurry. i tried googling this, but found THIS article about the medicinal properties of mummies instead. so maybe the gentleman in question ate lots of honey smacks before beddy-bye?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
my wife was telling me about an ancient chinese practice of eating nothing but honey for the last month (or so) of one's life; once dead, the formerly quick would be buried for one hundred years and then disinterred, mummified, but yielding a (delicious?) medicinal slurry. i tried googling this, but found THIS article about the medicinal properties of mummies instead.

so maybe the gentleman in question ate lots of honey smacks before beddy-bye?

confused.gif
cry.gif
butbut.gif
crazy.gif
frown.gif
plain.gif
baldy[1].gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had an old friend whose wife left him (he deserved it, mind you) and he basically ate and drank himself to death, while alienating himself from his friends. he was dead for 4 or 5 days ( in pretty hot weather) before he was found. not mumified, not at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads