1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Man Dates

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by HitMan009, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Heron

Heron Well-Known Member

Yeah, that happened to me as well - I mean what the hell is that about? [​IMG] Mind you they've done that to me when dining with female business collegues over lunch - it just seems to me to be a stupid assumption regardless of the sex of the person you are dining with. I've had this done with appetizers as well now that I think about it - I'm like Joey - I don't share food damnit. Must be a hunter-gatherer thing. [​IMG]

2. petescolari

petescolari Senior member

One of the letters to editor in this Sunday's paper put in perfectly. "A lot of space to say very little."

3. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

Umm...

I guess I do?

Golf is wretched, interesting events and conversations with friends do not interfere with my ability to have sex with women.

4. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

I think this depends a lot on your place of residence. A New Yorker and a retiree living in Boca are probably going to have different priorities. I was an Art History major who likes to cook, so there is no surprise where I might be found... besides when was the last time you saw a really hot girl swinging a pair of clubs? Then try visiting the Whitney or MoMA on a Friday afternoon.

5. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i'm coming late to this conversation and i didn't read the article, but i do have to say that i can do just about anything with anyone and not feel like it has to be sexual. this caused me some problems when i was younger because often times the people i spent time with thought i was attracted to them, when i wasn't.

when i have dessert in a restaurant, i insist that whoever i'm eating have at least a little bit of my dessert. i do this with whoever i'm eating with, regardless of who they are. so it doesn't seem strange to me when a waiter brings me two forks with my cake, if anything, it just saves me from having to ask him for an extra fork.

6. Eric

Eric Senior member

Pretty funny article.

I get along fine with gay men, I've worked with a number of them and joke around with them about their being gay and everything, an example I like to use is on one occassion I talked politics with a man in full drag. But I still think I'm slightly homophobic still. I'm not comfortable at all with them until they are openly gay, not trying to hide it, then once everything is out in the open everything is fine.

I definetly leave a seat between me and my guy friends if possible when seeing a movie, its never even an option, there must be a seat between us if possible, weird I guess but who cares?

That article reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with George and Jerry being mistaken for lovers by Jerrys girlfriend: "Were not gay, not that theres anything wrong with that."

Some people can be too comfortable with their sexuality I think. I was crashing at a friends place, my guy friend, his girl and two of her girl friends in an efficiency apt. The girls decide to sleep together and tell me I should share the futon with my guy friend instead of the chair I was sleeping in. Neither of us is gay, but I'm not gonna risk waking up spooning my friend. I stuck with the chair.

All in all, pretty funny article if taken in jest.

Eric