Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Malo at Filenes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Pink22m, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior member

I was at Filenes Basement on State Street in Chicago, and stumbled upon a few malo sweaters. They didn't have anything that I particularly liked, but there were some great deals. Some of the malo's were cashmere selling for under $200.

2. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Senior member

the Filene's in NYC also had plenty of Malo for under $200, but not great selection or sizes.

3. Etruscan

Etruscan Senior member

Filene's Basement in Boston (the Mother Ship; also known--by me, at least--as The Happiest Place on Earth) has had a lot of Malo merchandise lately. I've seen sweaters for well under $200 (I think $149 is typical). The styles and colors were not particularly interesting to me, though the quality seemed quite high. I did pick up some Malo cashmere knitted ties, however: one for myself, and two for Christmas presents. These are bicolored (solid on both sides) in combinations of terra cotta and brown, light and charcoal gray, powder blue and charcoal. I suppose they'd be reversible if one cut off the label. They're very nicely finished on both sides and knot beautifully.