• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mallard corduroys?

allanb10

Reaction score
by blue blazer what exactly do you mean, and could I exchange that with just a nice blue jacket, like maybe a mountain hardwear fleece?

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by allanb10
I was given as a gift some polo corduroys, color: mallard green, embroidered with little mallards along the legs, much like these pants:
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=396
Are these wearable? and what with?

These are the sartorial equivalent of a fruit cake. You are not expected to wear/eat them. You are required to hold them for approximately 11 months and regift them to another unforunate soul.

Rolo

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by allanb10
by blue blazer what exactly do you mean, and could I exchange that with just a nice blue jacket, like maybe a mountain hardwear fleece?

Really you can do what ever you want, but I would not wear a fleece with these pants. These pants belong in Hyannis Port. You need to be standing in the back yard of a mansion talking to a Kennedy.

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Asset+Tree...%7D&type=Image

allanb10

Reaction score
What do you mean these pants belong in Hyannis Port. Plus, the picture you've provided show Kennedy wearing jeans? What is the connection here?

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I am making jokes. There is a forum called "ask andy about clothes". You can go there and look at their forum on "trad" and that will explain what I am joking about. Basically there is a "traditional" amercian men's fashion and Brooks Brothers exemplifies it. Some people here (me) like to make fun of the general ethos of the style. These pants are an example of the "trad" style. Wear them with what you want but I would say that they are for a certain kind of person and this certain kind of person could be found in Hyannis Port. Old money, WASP, probably from the East coast. Not me, but maybe you.

Edit
Someone more knowledgeble than me, feel free to expand.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wear something that doesn't overpower the pants in pattern or fabric. A simple brown or charcoal sweater would do nicely.

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear them to the Ducks Unlimited dinner party. Those are going on now.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Wear something that doesn't overpower the pants in pattern or fabric. A simple brown or charcoal sweater would do nicely.

Good advice. If you like them, then wear them. They are going to make a bit of a statement, so wear them with confidence..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads