• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Male fashion/style critics on TV ...

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Anyone else noticed how absolutely shite at dressing they are?

I can think of that Simon Doonan fella from Barneys. Always sporting a shirt that looks like he just vomited cold pizza on it.

Theres that louse mouthed cockney bloke who seems to favour black shirts with huge collars and shitey sports jackets.

And the mincing gay bloke who I think might have won project runway, with the emo haircut, nashy health glasses and outgrown school sweaters.

Why are we supposed to pay attention to these clowns when they look like they get their clothes from dumpster diving?

ChicagoMediaMan

Reaction score
And GQ, Esquire, and skinny suits suck too.....blah blah blah....

I'm not trying to be a dick, but what's the point if this thread? This is just like all the other "why does GQ want me to wear an elf suit" or "why do all celebrities wear black shirts with their tuxes" threads.

I've never heard of any of the people that you mentioned, but I just wouldn't pay attention to them.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not quite the same, as GQ et al are clearly trying to turn the wheels of fashion a bit faster to get you to throw out all your clothes and spend all your money acquiring new ones. I'm mildly curious as to what some celebs are wearing (at least the ones with some style like Clooney) and get irritated by these wankers sitting there pointing the finger at a borderline tie while they are on TV with no evidence of possessing any sense of style themselves. Best to ignore them as you say but my gf tends to gravitate towards those kind of shows especially when the awards are on.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cocophone
I wanna dress like Tim Gunn

Now he looks pretty smooth.

The loud cockney wanker is Peter Ishkhians or something like that according to my gf.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cocophone
I wanna dress like Tim Gunn
I have no problems with his style of dress (I don't know much about it), and as for the content of what he says (whether his aesthetic and sartorial advice is sound) I can't comment, but in terms of his tone of voice and the way he presents himself, at least every time I've seen him on TV -- the man is an unabashed walking stereotype and completely disgusts me. Admittedly his defining moment in my eyes was a Leno (?) appearance in which he was asked a question about some female celebrity and all he seemed to give a **** about was if she looked "fabulous" and skinny, because obviously there's no other way for a person to be useful to society.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
I can think of that Simon Doonan fella from Barneys. Always sporting a shirt that looks like he just vomited cold pizza on it.
Here's a new twist on Tom Wolfe's pizza grenade tie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads