Maldini shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by farooqm, Sep 4, 2006.

1. farooqm

farooqm Senior member

How is the quality of Maldini shoes?

Thanks in advance.

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

The Grenson Feathermaster 'Maldini'?

3. farooqm

farooqm Senior member

Nope the brand Maldini....

4. fredrik80

fredrik80 Senior member

They are italian made and pretty good quality, the brand is pretty unknown outside of italy so sometimes you can find them really cheap (like on yoox etc). The quality is good, it's not EG quality by any means but well worth $100-$150.
    I have several pairs that i snatched on yoox and they are very comfortable, nice leather and have an overall quality feel about them

5. farooqm

farooqm Senior member

Thanks Fredrik80, how do they fit, would a size 11 in maldini be equivalent to a U.S. 11? also any idea on type of leather ie: calf, and construction ie: blake, goodyear? Thanks.

6. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Senior member

They are Italian made and pretty good quality, the brand is pretty unknown outside of Italy so sometimes you can find them really cheap (like on yoox etc). The quality is good, it's not EG quality by any means but well worth $100-$150.
    I have several pairs that i snatched on yoox and they are very comfortable, nice leather and have an overall quality feel about them

The quality is in the eyes of the beholder....
    Style, if you like it, is as pictured on YOOX. Which is not bad at all if a little Italian?
    Craftsmanship is acceptable, but on par with Aldo or other run of the mill shoes.
    Fit is ok for narrow feet and half a size larger than marked.

Leather quality is horrible! Just plain horrible!
    It's dry and brittle with visible paint smudges. I don't think it can be described as corrected grain. It is just awful.

To sum it up. If you looking for pare of shoes to beat around in a bad weather for ONE season, then get them on SALE. They not worth $100+ not in my book.

My opinion of them: shoes should not be made from leather of such a deplorable quality.

7. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

for me leather quality and shape (last styling / shape) is the most important (besides comfort and durability).

i prefer a thicker , aniline leather with a gleaming polish. it just makes all the difference in the look and your presentation.

8. SteG

SteG Well-Known Member

Is Maldini a real, established brand or is it one of Yoox's fantasy brands that they sell among the real brands? They (legitimately) manufacture their own private label / store brand clothing and shoes that they mix with the real McCoy....

9. TheRealBillyOcean

TheRealBillyOcean Well-Known Member

Soooo the verdict is just okay for the price, but horrible leather quality?

10. antirabbit

antirabbit Senior member

verdict is...if you want a low quality, low cost shoe, then these fit the bill.