Making shoes worn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Chirstopher, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Chirstopher

Chirstopher New Member

I was wondering if there was any way you could make leather shoes look work and old?

It might sound like a stupid idea but i was thinking something like giving them a sanding with very fine sandpaper and then dully polishing them or burring underground for a week or something like that.

Are these ideas just plain stupid? had anybody tried anything like this?

2. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I was wondering if there was any way you could make leather shoes look work and old?

It might sound like a stupid idea but i was thinking something like giving them a sanding with very fine sandpaper and then dully polishing them or burring underground for a week or something like that.

wear them every day. and don't take too much care of the upper.

3. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

Bought any raw denim lately?

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Bought any raw denim lately?

who, me?

5. Chirstopher

Chirstopher New Member

Yes, I have some SD103's coming on Wednesday, are you trying to say just wear them like you would raw denim, after time i will get the look I'm waiting for?

6. CoryB

CoryB Senior member

Yes, I have some SD103's coming on Wednesday, are you trying to say just wear them like you would raw denim, after time i will get the look I'm waiting for?

Precisely. Shoes won't take very long to look distress if you don't care for the uppers attentively.

7. WayneGibbous

WayneGibbous Senior member

I don't know if this helps but: I had a pair of black leather boots that I left in the AZ heat and sun for a few months and they became very faded and dry looking. The sun and blowing sand had a nice effect on the leather. They now look slightly discolored, have no luster and are somewhat abrasive to the touch. And the whiskering is now more accented due to the dryer leather. But these were smooth, flat black, lace-less ankle boots so that may not be the look you're looking for.