- Sep 24, 2008
- Reaction score
Nashville has it hands down over Manhattan for someone earning $100K a year.
1. TN - no state income tax
2. TN - very likely you can find great housing on your salary and live close to work
3. TN - beautiful women, two universities, great hospitals, fresh air, live music scene (all genres)
4. TN - you can own a car here, and it won't cost $600 a month to store it in a garage
4. TN - advantageous tax structure, again. NY/NJ will crush you on every tax
5. TN - easy access to airport means you can fly to NYC whenever you want
I travel to both places with enough frequency so I am familiar with both culture aspects of either city, at no age would I choose NYC and the surrounding area. Really, today what you can't find locally in goods can easily be delivered by UPS or FedEx. People are the same everywhere. Nashville is a very cosmopolitan southern city. NYC has tall buildings, teaming masses, ridiculous traffic, and high taxes; I can see what is so appealing about that.
If you are talking about the South, Atlanta isen't so bad either...