• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Makeup for Men

haiguise

Reaction score
I've been wanting to wear concealer for a while. I have some imperfections in my skin and I figure that it would help. I know women are able to wear makeup and look a shit ton better than without. Why the hell can't we?

So recommendations for products, how to apply, etc would be great.

Here's a video I was just watching.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting to say the least.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, I'm a make-up artist, and I've totally helped dudes out with cosmetics. They're always embarrassed...but why should they be? I remember using my Cover Girl concealer when I was like 15 to help my brother out with this giant red zit on his nose. If I hadn't, God knows what he would have suffered...

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Haha, I'm a make-up artist, and I've totally helped dudes out with cosmetics. They're always embarrassed...but why should they be? I remember using my Cover Girl concealer when I was like 15 to help my brother out with this giant red zit on his nose. If I hadn't, God knows what he would have suffered...

Emergency concealer is fairly helpful. I'm not sure that I could see it as a frequent thing for most men, however. It's fairly obvious when people wear makeup unless they're really good.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Reaction score
Tuts my barreh!

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Way too feminine for me. Applying witch hazel before I leave the house is as far as I'll go.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Way too feminine for me. Applying witch hazel before I leave the house is as far as I'll go.

Careful ... Carly Fiorina has done this all her life ... and look at her ... a dead ringer for the Wicked Witch of the West.

hrb

Reaction score
if you're serious about it, go hit up M.A.C. . You'll definitely have to suck up any pride you might have about letting them know its for you, but they'll match your shit up and help you out. Everyone there is quite trained and accustom to dealing with guys.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some undereye concealer. YSL Touche Eclat, 2. Just a tiny bit under the eyes makes you look like you're actually awake after a long night, and it is not visible unless you are quite close...

The MAC people are awesome by the way, I used to have some stuff from there but I don't remember what. Also for under eyes.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hrb
if you're serious about it, go hit up M.A.C. . You'll definitely have to suck up any pride you might have about letting them know its for you, but they'll match your shit up and help you out. Everyone there is quite trained and accustom to dealing with guys.

MAC has the worst "cover up" make up in the world. Unless you're doing a tranny photo shoot, don't go there. I'd recommend Dior or Bobbi Brown before MAC.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Thread should hereforth be retitttled as:
ITT Guys Say What Makeup Brands They Wear And Tomgirl Talks Shit To Them

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little mascara and some rouge is as far as I'll go

cimabue

Reaction score
Hermann Goering used lipstick, rouge and nail polish. He angrily denied the lipstick.

To each his own.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
paging Uncontrol..

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.