1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Maker of these BB Peal shoes? Unusual heel...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PMaximus, May 7, 2013.

1. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

... and some Peal Loakes are even lower than the 1880 line. I think these Peal "Chukka Field Boots" are a BB version of the Loake Sahara from the Loake Lifestyle line.
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Peal-...dwvar_614H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=28&cgid=0522
    http://www.loake.co.uk/sahara.html

2. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

This is not a Malvern. It is on the 240 last, which I believe is proprietary to BB.

3. raphaelargus

raphaelargus Well-Known Member

I agree that Loake calf sometimes does not age well. I've owned 5 pairs of 1880s over the last few years and it's a bit of a crapshoot whether the leather will age well or not. I'd definitely put Loake a step lower than AE. I think BB is doing some disservice to their customers if they're selling Loakes as Peals.

4. Pembers

Pembers Senior member

Are Peals by Loake sold for a similar price to those by C&J and AS?

It's often misguided to try to infer the quality of private label shoes from their maker, but I can't imagine anything coming out of the Loake factory is made to C&J-like standards.

5. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

How can you tell the sole is lighter and not just the whole shoe?

I think Loake makes Tyrwhitt's shoes which are comparable to the 1880 line and generally available at steep discount.

6. havingaraveup

havingaraveup Senior member

Yes they are, with a slight difference which I find criminally insane. It's like when RL charges 1200 for silvano sassetti, when the same exact model is sold at nordstroms for like 400 dollars. I dont get it. I like loake, but as someone said above, theyre far better in suede, a I find their suede quite nice but their calf not fantastic. Anywaym the 1880 line is full of fine shoes. Maybe I'm saying that because my most recent pair was bought new for $130 from a retail store and fit like a glove.