• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Makeover

MadFan

Reaction score
Hi people,

I'm new to this forum but I hope to be an active member over the coming months. My name is Ed, I'm 21 and from the UK, but I've recently lived in Germany. I joined this forum because I feel totally lost as far as style and fashion are concerned, I've come back to the UK to find everyone walking around in chinos etc and I feel totally out of the loop. I look at my wardrobe and feel totally bereft of any creativity and want to buy some new clothes and totally revamp my wardrobe but don't know where to start. It seems like there's a much wider variety of clothes for guys these days, i.e. all different coloured trousers/jeans/chinos etc.

I wear Adidas jackets quite a lot just for casual wear, I like that brand, but apart from that I'm a pretty blank canvas...I got £380 for Xmas which I hope to invest in my wardrobe...what brands should I look out for and what colours go well together? I bought some blue chinos but have no shoes to go with them, I'd like to buy some red (chinos/jeans?) that I've seen around but don't know where to buy them from or what colour/brand t shirts to put them with. As for trainers/sneakers, are white/black the best because they're quite neautral colours? I also wouldn't mind getting some tan chinos. I just want to look more stylish! I have blonde hair and green eyes if it helps...any help would be appreciated!

Love this forum, it's been so interesting reading all the discussion! :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads