• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Make an offer" Shell Color #8 Unworn Allen Edmonds Hamilton Penny loafers Awesome Patina Size 8C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spring will be here soon, for some of you, it is already here--I can't believe these are still hanging around!

You don’t find deadstock shell cordovan every day, so if you are looking for shell penny loafers, you probably won’t find another unworn pair of Hamiltons any time soon. I am always open to trades, so feel free to make offers. Sorry, no box.
004.jpg
015.jpg
003.jpg
002.jpg
005.jpg
007.jpg
008.jpg
009.jpg
019_zps95b70116.jpg
021_zps5fcb091e.jpg
010.jpg

Click through thumbnails

To be sure, they are not untouched. They certainly have shelf wear, some light scratches are visible in close ups. Honestly though, this is no more than you would put on them in a few wearings. You can touch up the shoes lightly with a little polish and they will disappear from view. The only reason that I haven’t done that before listing them is that I didn’t want to touch the color that has developed over the years – the patina is beautiful. The only thing I’ve done is a little lexol and a lot of brushing. The rest, whether you decide to wear them a few times letting body heat bring up some of the natural oils in the shell, or decide to put a little of your own preferences into play with a little polish here or there, is up to you. They were originally color #8 according to the info I can find.
The “FR” stamp I assume indicates them as seconds. I’m not sure what defect there was with them, I have’t observed any. Nevertheless, there you go. Something about them tripped AE’s quality control meter, way back in the good old days.
Shipping is not included in price. I prefer to deal in the US, but am willing to ship internationally, with certain additional rules. Same goes for brand new or low post count members. PM me and we can work out the details, please let me know that you’ll be shipping overseas or that you might be “low post count” when you PM, it builds trust.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 466
Last edited:

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pair of AE's at a goodprice, GL.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look great.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, they are nice looking shoes. I wish they were my size, they would not be for sale!

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It looks like the reject is the height of the opening at the back. The left shoe appears much higher.

Interesting - I'll have to look at that IRL and probably measure it. Thanks.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to checking the difference in the two shoes. There is something going on with the shoe on the left (attached too high?) You can see it in the closeup. It results in that shoe being about 1/16" taller than the other.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't believe these are still here... can only assume it is the size.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't believe these are still here... can only assume it is the size.

You're probably right.
Although...
From what research I did, this is on the old "0" last that was wider than average in the toe. A "D" might be able to make it comfortable. (Anybody want to take a chance?)

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm usually a 7-7.5 in Alden Barrie-lasted boots. My usual size tends to be an 8D. What you said about the wider toe and the fact that it's a C are the only things giving me pause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads