• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Major Jantzen Problems

jmatt

Reaction score
Well - I've been a fan of Jantzen, but......

I ordered in January - got the shirt. I adjusted, and ordered in February - got the shirt. I made a final change in March - got the shirt.

So what's the problem?

On April 13 I ordered six more shirts. On April 22 my credit card was charged for 6 shirts. I excitedly started waiting for my shirts. And waited, and waited. Finally, on May 9 I e-mailed asking for confirmation of shipment. No response. I called. "We'll make your shirts by Monday." I called the following week. "We lost your order - we'll make your shirts by Monday." I called again. "We were out of a fabric but it just came in - we'll make your shirts by Monday." I was told they'd finally mail my shirts by May 29. I called on May 30 - "We already mailed your shirts, but I would have to check the records to recall when." So - I keep checking my mail - no shirts. $384 cleared my account back on May 17. How long should I keep waiting for shirts to show up?

maverick

Reaction score
Hmm, actually, I think I was in the shop when you made that last phone call.

I am suspicious that Jantzen sometimes makes up excuses for delays, but they have never failed to deliver (when they say they will, anyway). Did you say that you would call back after he has "checked the records"?

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maverick
Hmm, actually, I think I was in the shop when you made that last phone call.

I am suspicious that Jantzen sometimes makes up excuses for delays, but they have never failed to deliver (when they say they will, anyway). Did you say that you would call back after he has "checked the records"?

Interesting. Ricky's always been friendly, but he's quick to get you off the phone. I don't mind waiting, but I feel like he's been stringing me along. I'm just concerned about how long ago he charged my card with nothing to show for it. Can you follow up for me if you're back in his shop?

maverick

Reaction score
Sure. I am going back in a couple hours, actually. I guess you should PM me your name or something.

jmatt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maverick
Sure. I am going back in a couple hours, actually. I guess you should PM me your name or something.
PM sent. Thank you. Aren't forums wonderful?!?

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would the longest you could wait that your credit allows for recovery.

jmatt

Reaction score
Well - in theory the six shirts were sent yesterday, by 2-day express. On one-hand, the arrival of my shirts may be iminent. On the other hand, my phone call on May 30th, in which I was told the shirts had already been sent, now appears to have been less than accurate. I'll update this thread after tomorrow's mail arrives. Not holding my breath though . . . . .

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You usually have sixty days to dispute a charge, and that usually doesn't start until the billing cycle closes.

desecrato

Reaction score
I second the notion that Jantzen is having problems. I received in the mail 4 shirts last month -- that I didn't order. I thought they were a gift from my parents, but that was unfortunately not the case. I emailed Ricky about the problem and agreed to ship them to their correct owner. To the buyer of four shirts who lives in PR, sorry it took me so long to mail them
smile.gif

jeph

Reaction score
I received 4 shirts from Jantzen yesterday after a three month wait! After several phone calls to Ricky I had given up on my order, but then suddenly the package arrived.
smile.gif

The shirts are great - as usual - but some how the diameter of the sleeves has been much reduced compared to earlier orders. This kind of variation forces me to place small orders instead of the 10 shirts I would like to order from Jantzen.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Where's your Messiah now, Bresch?

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I've always feared that word would spread such that Ricky would stop taking overseas orders. His first hiatus made me nervous; these reports do too. I feel bad for those who are having problems, but I also hope all is OK for Ricky and his staff.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i would not worry as HK is full of great tailors and all you have have to do is search around for them!

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ascot Chang offers an Internet program like Jantzen, and I wouldn't be suprised if there are more that do.

--Andre

Rocker

Reaction score
I placed an order for two shirts on March 28, got the shirts on May 26 - the longest it's ever taken for me to get an order. I'd placed three other orders before. This was the first time Jantzen didn't fill the order exactly right, as well - they left off the gauntlet buttons. Not a real big deal. But, I do get the sense that they are overwhelmed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads