1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Major Jantzen Problems

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jmatt, Jun 6, 2006.

1. mumbojumbo

mumbojumbo Senior member

i am heading to hongkong soon, and i hope to find some other establishment that can be a good or hopefully better alternative.

Hope you will have success in finding an alternative, since i was not impressed with my jantzen shirt.

2. water

water Senior member

I have ordered from Jantzen for a while. Finally thought I had my measurements just right after a great deal of tweaking. Then I received my last order of four shirts. How could I go from so close to so far?

I requested that the armholes be reduced a touch and I ended up with larger armholes and shirts that look horrible when the collar is buttoned. I wrote Ricky but received no response.

If Jantzen works for you, great. I just cannot seem to get decent fitting shirts out of them. I think RTW may be a better option for me.

3. odoreater

odoreater Senior member

I have ordered from Jantzen for a while. Finally thought I had my measurements just right after a great deal of tweaking. Then I received my last order of four shirts. How could I go from so close to so far?

I requested that the armholes be reduced a touch and I ended up with larger armholes and shirts that look horrible when the collar is buttoned. I wrote Ricky but received no response.

If Jantzen works for you, great. I just cannot seem to get decent fitting shirts out of them. I think RTW may be a better option for me.

Jantzen is not the only game in town.

4. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

thats right HK really has i lot finding them online might not be as easy but a lot will do repeat mail order on both shirts and suits but if you have not had the initial HK shop contact with them then i might be a pain!

5. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

me too, let me know if you need a tour guide when you come![​IMG]

although my itinerary for my hongkong trip is quite full, i just might take you up on your offer. xieh-xieh!

6. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

although my itinerary for my hongkong trip is quite full, i just might take you up on your offer. xieh-xieh!

bu yong ke qi (welcome!)

let me know then and also what you're after shoes, bags all M2M i can show you where to go!! and eating and drinking plus other entertainment also no problem! he he!!

7. studio253

studio253 Senior member

This answers my questions...

8. william

william Senior member

I placed a jantzen order a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything after two emails. Forget it. I'd rather pay more money for good service.

Mytailor.com, however, got my shirt to me in three weeks. The guy who measured me was about as personable as a rock, but the shirt turned out pretty good. I can't give a full review yet as it hasn't been laundered yet. Mytailor.com shirts run about $80 for 2-ply. Good enough for me!

9. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I placed a jantzen order a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything after two emails. Forget it. I'd rather pay more money for good service.

I'm always baffled by this complaint. Most every thread on Jantzen discusses the lack of communication, and how that's just part of the deal. Had you not heard that when you ordered?

10. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I'm always baffled by this complaint. Most every thread on Jantzen discusses the lack of communication, and how that's just part of the deal. Had you not heard that when you ordered?

So am I. And as a long time frequent customer, it bothers the hell out of me. It's no surprise Ricky has a backlog of e-mails...

11. studio253

studio253 Senior member

Being a newbie around here I had not seen any of those threads before. I have a friend that is a long time customer of theirs and is not a board member here. He had never mentioned that there are no confirmation e-mails and he's traveling out o the country on business right now and I didn't want to pester him. I'm not complaining about the lack of feedback or what the delivery time may be. I just didn't want to wait three months and then send him an e-mail to ask about it and get a response of "what order? Do you have the confirmation number?"

12. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Fair enough. You might be the first person I've heard of who heard about Jantzen somewhere other than here or AA. [​IMG]

13. william

william Senior member

I had, and I had also read how several people had recently ordered and received their shirts in three weeks or so. I was under the impression that jantzen was beginning to streamline their service. I didn't read every single old thread, as there are many. Only so many hours in the day.

Nothing to be baffled or bothered by. I'm not messing with the guy, I'm just taking my business elsewhere. Simple.