• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Maison Martin Margiela Beautiful Suede Cowboy Roper, 44

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Have you ever secretly wanted to be a cowboy?

Do you dream of life on the range, but actually live in a city?

Have you ever lusted after cowboy boots in the dark places of your heart, while acknowledging that they are really, truly ugly?

For all of the urban, suburban, or otherwise louche and disinterested western-types out there, I give you:

Maison Martin Margiela's Beautiful Boots

Variously referred to as ropers or camarguaises, this boot is modeled on the traditional boots of the gardians of the Camargue, Western Europe's largest river delta. Constructed in luxuriously soft grey suede, these boots are made with wrangling la vie quotidienne very much in mind. They will happily take you over cobblestones, through car parks, in and out of metro systems, and comfortably through airports; all while giving you that totally awesome look of someone who is totally awesome but really doesn't give a shit.

The boots are very unstructured, as shown in the photos (I supported one boot shaft for the photos, otherwise they are slack and floppy), and can easily be worn either under or over a trouser leg. They have a short heel, with very little wear, that preserves the wearer's comfort when walking (or riding!) long distances.

Wear them with loose, white trousers for a blog-worthy summer look, or heavy raw denim and a leather coat for a "back-from-my-imaginary-ranch" vibe.

The boots are a size 44, and fit relatively true to size (unlike most MMM boot offerings). I am a US 11, and find them comfortable, but I suspect an 11.5 would be equally fine. They are a very comfortable long-range boot option, and perfect for spring, summer and fall. both the outer suede and inner leather lining are glove-soft, and the boots, overall, are in very good condition. They show slight signs of wear, but are ready for action.

I am selling these for 200 USD, not including shipping prices, but would be open to reasonable negotiations. I am shipping from the UK, so please keep in mind that out-of-country sales will cost an additional 35$.

Please feel free to be in touch with further questions.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments