• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

maison martin margiela 10 vs 14?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the main difference between MMM 10 and 14?

I know the 10 is the men's line and the 14 is the replica, but is there a cut and quality difference.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Replica is not limited to 14

10 is more casual and somewhat crazier pieces, 14 is more timeless classic styles which tend to be more conservative

14 seems to be a little more luxurious but I wouldn't say quality is much greater, replica pieces tend to be higher quality though

confused?

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Replica is not limited to 14

10 is more casual and somewhat crazier pieces, 14 is more timeless classic styles which tend to be more conservative

14 seems to be a little more luxurious but I wouldn't say quality is much greater, replica pieces tend to be higher quality though

confused?

Thanks for nothing. At least I know what MMM 22 is without being confused.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif

11 is accessories

22 is shoes

rest is for women, 6 is garbage womens line

i've got a few pretty dope rep pieces should post pics one day

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just buy the pieces you like and ignore which line its from. Its not like MM6 or some diffusion garbage.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Just buy the pieces you like and ignore which line its from. Its not like MM6 or some diffusion garbage.

it's more about sizing and such, it's different between the lines and the sport, slim and regular fits are all different too, add 10 vs 14 and you have a lot of variables. I like all the 14 slim stuff I have and have to size down for the Regular and the Sport.

FWIW, I'm gonna kop some shoes and be done with.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by farfisa23
it's more about sizing and such, it's different between the lines and the sport, slim and regular fits are all different too, add 10 vs 14 and you have a lot of variables. I like all the 14 slim stuff I have and have to size down for the Regular and the Sport.

FWIW, I'm gonna kop some shoes and be done with.

Margiela can be kinda weird. For example, I know I have two shirts that are both line 10, one is sized "III" and the other is size 48 :p

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Some 14 shirts run slimmer than 10 shirts and vice versa, this was before they had the cut label which they introduced about a year or year and half ago.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
Margiela can be kinda weird. For example, I know I have two shirts that are both line 10, one is sized "III" and the other is size 48 :p

I can order a whole gang of **** from Yoox, but then I've got to send it all back. I hate that ****.

It may just be me, but MMM is the kind of gear you need to kop in a brick and mortar store.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
The number is the multiplier for how much mark-up they charge.
rofl

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I can order a whole gang of **** from Yoox, but then I've got to send it all back. I hate that ****. It may just be me, but MMM is the kind of gear you need to kop in a brick and mortar store.
Does Nordstroms count lol

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can order a whole gang of **** from Yoox, but then I've got to send it all back. I hate that ****.

It may just be me, but MMM is the kind of gear you need to kop in a brick and mortar store.

Yeah, I don't really bother with yoox either. Made one purchase there in like the last three years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads