• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mainstream Brand Alternatives

DrewMill

Reaction score
Hello, all! I wanted to see if anyone was willing to offer suggestions for some brand alternatives that might offer better quality/value for the money than some of the mainstream brands. I'll give couple examples of where I've already found this:

1. In my opinion Herring and Cheaney shoes are higher quality than their American counterparts, but cost about the same. For me, I prefer the construction and style over something like an Allen Edmonds shoe.

2. I'm a huge fan of Harvie & Hudson shirts. I like the fit, the pattern matching, the soft collars, etc. I have yet to find a better shirt at the same price, or even higher.

I was looking to get a few recommendations on suits, jackets, trousers, etc. where I might have the same opportunity to buy some items of the in the Brooks Brothers price range, but with some higher quality and value. Nothing against BB, but I think there might be some opportunity to improve a little without spending additional money. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Have a great day!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.