• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mailing Jantzen shirt to copy

coachvu

Reaction score
I couldn't find much on this in previous threads, but what's the best way to send Jantzen a shirt for copying? Should I submit an online order and then mail the shirt? Do I need to fax the order? Should I call them? Also, what's the cheapest yet most reliable shipping method that others recommend for this?

Jovan

Banned for Good
Reaction score
I think you should just ask Ricky over email.

coachvu

Reaction score
It just seems that others rarely receive e-mail responses to their queries. I guess there's no harm in trying, though.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coachvu
I couldn't find much on this in previous threads, but what's the best way to send Jantzen a shirt for copying? Should I submit an online order and then mail the shirt? Do I need to fax the order? Should I call them? Also, what's the cheapest yet most reliable shipping method that others recommend for this?

Call Ricky and find out how to do this. The number is on the web site.

tba

Reaction score
I did this a month or two ago.

Mailed him the shirt, along with a letter listing the fabric codes, credit card and return shipping info. Turn around time was a 3-4 weeks for 8 shirts.

I had previously emailed him to get the address and let him know I was going to send.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tba
I did this a month or two ago.

Mailed him the shirt, along with a letter listing the fabric codes, credit card and return shipping info. Turn around time was a 3-4 weeks for 8 shirts.

I had previously emailed him to get the address and let him know I was going to send.

Were the shirts close to exact replicas or did he take liberties?

tba

Reaction score
I would say he takes some liberties, as the fit is not quite as good. The ones I got back where not as tapered as the one I had sent him, also the arm hole where a little bigger (but not terrible), everything else was fine. Most of them seem ok, especially after they where washed a few times, but one of them is just too big around the chest and waist (like +6cm from the one I sent him). I would have sent it back, but the cost of alterations would not be much more then the shipping cost to HK. Just order one and see how you go
smile.gif

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tba

Most of them seem ok but one of them is just too big around the chest and waist (like +6cm from the one I sent him).

So you received shirts with varying dimensions?

tba

Reaction score
7 are the same, 1 is different.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread bump.

CoachVU, how did it go? Did you mail a shirt in?

Any others have any experience to share?

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you are better off avoiding email with Ricky, he seems to pay much more attention to snail mail. I just mailed my shirt in a small box via regular US postal service, got an email reply from Ricky two weeks later, and a near perfect replica of my shirt (but with the changes I wanted) at my door in about three weeks. From what I understand my experience was not typical, and turnaround time will vary depending on the alignment of the planets and whether Jupiter is in its seventh house. I later emailed him a question and never got a reply.

coachvu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
Thread bump.

CoachVU, how did it go? Did you mail a shirt in?

Any others have any experience to share?

Well, the whole process took a bit over two months. I purposefully ordered a shirt that would look good under a sweater, and I'm glad I did. The shirt Ricky made was too tight in the chest. Also, with shrinkage, the collar was a big snug, and the sleeves were too short. When you send in a shirt to be copied, I'm not sure how much allowance he adds for shrinkage. Anyway, I didn't post a critiquing thread because I needed to address the major problems in my second order before fine-tuning in my third order. It's a process, but it's all I can afford right now. I lost weight, so all my old shirts are too big in the collar, and they were always too blousy, anyway. Plus, I'll be wearing a shirt and tie at least five days a week beginning this summer for my third year of med school. Hopefully, I'll have all the kinks worked out by then.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
I think you are better off avoiding email with Ricky, he seems to pay much more attention to snail mail. I just mailed my shirt in a small box via regular US postal service, got an email reply from Ricky two weeks later, and a near perfect replica of my shirt (but with the changes I wanted) at my door in about three weeks. From what I understand my experience was not typical, and turnaround time will vary depending on the alignment of the planets and whether Jupiter is in its seventh house. I later emailed him a question and never got a reply.
Or, as I think others have said, figure out the time difference and call him. Email is by far the least reliable method for communicating with him.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
<snip>and turnaround time will vary depending on the alignment of the planets and whether Jupiter is in its seventh house.

lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads