• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mailing Jantzen shirt to copy

coachvu

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
628
Reaction score
0
I couldn't find much on this in previous threads, but what's the best way to send Jantzen a shirt for copying? Should I submit an online order and then mail the shirt? Do I need to fax the order? Should I call them? Also, what's the cheapest yet most reliable shipping method that others recommend for this?
 

Jovan

Banned for Good
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
2,533
Reaction score
0
I think you should just ask Ricky over email.
 

coachvu

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
628
Reaction score
0
It just seems that others rarely receive e-mail responses to their queries. I guess there's no harm in trying, though.
 

mrchapel

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
679
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by coachvu
I couldn't find much on this in previous threads, but what's the best way to send Jantzen a shirt for copying? Should I submit an online order and then mail the shirt? Do I need to fax the order? Should I call them? Also, what's the cheapest yet most reliable shipping method that others recommend for this?

Call Ricky and find out how to do this. The number is on the web site.
 

tba

Active Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
I did this a month or two ago.

Mailed him the shirt, along with a letter listing the fabric codes, credit card and return shipping info. Turn around time was a 3-4 weeks for 8 shirts.

I had previously emailed him to get the address and let him know I was going to send.
 

briancl

Distinguished Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2005
Messages
1,220
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by tba
I did this a month or two ago.

Mailed him the shirt, along with a letter listing the fabric codes, credit card and return shipping info. Turn around time was a 3-4 weeks for 8 shirts.

I had previously emailed him to get the address and let him know I was going to send.


Were the shirts close to exact replicas or did he take liberties?
 

tba

Active Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
I would say he takes some liberties, as the fit is not quite as good. The ones I got back where not as tapered as the one I had sent him, also the arm hole where a little bigger (but not terrible), everything else was fine. Most of them seem ok, especially after they where washed a few times, but one of them is just too big around the chest and waist (like +6cm from the one I sent him). I would have sent it back, but the cost of alterations would not be much more then the shipping cost to HK. Just order one and see how you go
 

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
4,078
Reaction score
13
Originally Posted by tba

Most of them seem ok but one of them is just too big around the chest and waist (like +6cm from the one I sent him).


So you received shirts with varying dimensions?
 

tba

Active Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
7 are the same, 1 is different.
 

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
1,641
Reaction score
197
Thread bump.

CoachVU, how did it go? Did you mail a shirt in?

Any others have any experience to share?
 

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2005
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
107
I think you are better off avoiding email with Ricky, he seems to pay much more attention to snail mail. I just mailed my shirt in a small box via regular US postal service, got an email reply from Ricky two weeks later, and a near perfect replica of my shirt (but with the changes I wanted) at my door in about three weeks. From what I understand my experience was not typical, and turnaround time will vary depending on the alignment of the planets and whether Jupiter is in its seventh house. I later emailed him a question and never got a reply.
 

coachvu

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
628
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by StockwellDay
Thread bump.

CoachVU, how did it go? Did you mail a shirt in?

Any others have any experience to share?


Well, the whole process took a bit over two months. I purposefully ordered a shirt that would look good under a sweater, and I'm glad I did. The shirt Ricky made was too tight in the chest. Also, with shrinkage, the collar was a big snug, and the sleeves were too short. When you send in a shirt to be copied, I'm not sure how much allowance he adds for shrinkage. Anyway, I didn't post a critiquing thread because I needed to address the major problems in my second order before fine-tuning in my third order. It's a process, but it's all I can afford right now. I lost weight, so all my old shirts are too big in the collar, and they were always too blousy, anyway. Plus, I'll be wearing a shirt and tie at least five days a week beginning this summer for my third year of med school. Hopefully, I'll have all the kinks worked out by then.
 

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
24,405
Reaction score
10,478
Originally Posted by knittieguy
I think you are better off avoiding email with Ricky, he seems to pay much more attention to snail mail. I just mailed my shirt in a small box via regular US postal service, got an email reply from Ricky two weeks later, and a near perfect replica of my shirt (but with the changes I wanted) at my door in about three weeks. From what I understand my experience was not typical, and turnaround time will vary depending on the alignment of the planets and whether Jupiter is in its seventh house. I later emailed him a question and never got a reply.
Or, as I think others have said, figure out the time difference and call him. Email is by far the least reliable method for communicating with him.
 

mrchapel

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
679
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by knittieguy
<snip>and turnaround time will vary depending on the alignment of the planets and whether Jupiter is in its seventh house.

 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 143 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 71 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 49 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.6%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 53 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,210
Messages
9,230,387
Members
193,759
Latest member
Ronnyjonsson
Top