• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Mail from H&K

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that our products are produced in different Countries
including;

Italy
Portugal
Scotland
Northern Ireland
Germany

Also the reason the label does not have the Country on it anymore is because we have started manufacturing shirt in other Countries however it's the same company who make the labels for our shirts, these label are ordered in thousands and distributed to our warehouse where they are distributed by
collar size to manufacturers. As you can imagine errors have been made and to avoid this we have one plain label now for all our shirts accept the few thousand "Made in Great Britain" labels we have left which are being used up.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
argh...

The two I just bought from Saks still have the old Made in England label. I do believe that all clothes sold in the US have to have Country of Origin labels, thought that was the same in Europe. Interesting and a tad saddening that the best British RTW shirt can no longer state that it is made in Britain...

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
argh...

The two I just bought from Saks still have the old Made in England label.  I do believe that all clothes sold in the US have to have Country of Origin labels, thought that was the same in Europe.  Interesting and a tad saddening that the best British RTW shirt can no longer state that it is made in Britain...
At least this is not in the Third World.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does "including" mean that there are other countries?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Does "including" mean that there are other countries?
Technically, yes. I would hope it's an exhaustive list.

God damn it.

Happy New Year, ernie.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One would at least like to see production limited to the British Isles.*sigh*
Notice that the verbiage in the response referred to "our products." H&K sells a lot of merchandise other than just shirts, and it wouldn't be surprising if the sweaters, for example, have a different country of origin from the shirts. I wonder if the shirts themselves are produced in many different countries.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Notice that the verbiage in the response referred to "our products." H&K sells a lot of merchandise other than just shirts, and it wouldn't be surprising if the sweaters, for example, have a different country of origin from the shirts. I wonder if the shirts themselves are produced in many different countries.
Good point. Wanna ask them if the _shirts_ are made in the UK, Ernie?

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 30 Dec. 2004, 4:44) Does "including" mean that there are other countries?
Technically, yes. Â I would hope it's an exhaustive list. God damn it. Happy New Year, ernie.
In addition to "technically", I'd add: it's even probable. Esp. given the way the response was worded.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(jcusey @ 30 Dec. 2004, 5:36) Notice that the verbiage in the response referred to "our products." H&K sells a lot of merchandise other than just shirts, and it wouldn't be surprising if the sweaters, for example, have a different country of origin from the shirts. I wonder if the shirts themselves are produced in many different countries.
Good point. Â Wanna ask them if the _shirts_ are made in the UK, Ernie?
My question was about SHIRTS.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
It seems that H&K is being as vague as possible while still trying to seem to answer the question.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ 30 Dec. 2004, 9:41) My question was about SHIRTS.
But the answer referred to H&K products.
If shirts were made in UK and only other stuffs from Portugal, they wouldn't talk about Portugal. They could play on words if shirts were from Portugal but some stuffs form UK, by saying "products" are from UK.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems that H&K is being as vague as possible while still trying to seem to answer the question.
They often do not even answer to emails.

What about asking them information by email and comparing our answers?

We could have surprises...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.