1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Maid service in Manhattan

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by seok, May 14, 2006.

1. seok

seok Senior member

My friend inquired me about this and I've never used maid service in Manhattan.

He's probably looking to have her come in once every week or two, clean kitchen, living room, etc. How much would it cost, and do u guys have any recommendations?

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Cleaning in Manhattan costs very little (perhaps the only thing that does). Put frankly, supply is very high, with a lot of people willing to do the work. You can get great cleaning for about $15 an hour per person, no problem. With a one bedroom, you'd only need one, probably 4 hours or so since it doesn't sound like like your friend is looking for anything too hardcore or daily or anything. I'd say expect $50-$75 max. As I say $15 an hour is pretty standard.

3. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    The rate could rise dramatically if your friend desires a "happy ending". [​IMG]

4. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

Are these through agencies? I wouldn't want someone punking my watches or anything else expensive.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

The rate could rise dramatically if your friend desires a "happy ending". [​IMG]

Why am I suddenly thinking of Seinfeld?

[​IMG]

Jon.

6. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Word of mouth recommendations are probably the best. The $15/hr maids are almost certainly paid in cash under the table. I suspect agencies are considerably more expensive.