• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Magnanni Appreciation Thread

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DapperAndy

Reaction score
I appreciate the way Magnanni leather absorbs products as well as the leather used by the higher end makers. Here are some Colo Derbies I wore today.
magnanni-colo-derby-mirror-shined-natural-shoe-polish - 1.jpg
magnanni-colo-derby-mirror-shined-natural-shoe-polish - 2.jpg
magnanni-colo-derby-mirror-shined-natural-shoe-polish - 3.jpg

billbishere

Reaction score
This is an old thread, but I appreciate Maganni. I hope I didn't miss a newer one!

Had a private showroom visit at the HQ in Columbus, Ohio

and ended up with these.

IMG_20200709_085639.jpg

the box that says "Ivory White" are actually a Neiman Marcus Exclusive but they went out of business and didn't take the order. so I am not sure they are being actually sold anywhere right now. They are a take on the Arnoia.

But the color is a little different. If anyone cares i can take them out and get a picture.

Then the dress pair is these.

Last edited:

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Years ago when I just started I really liked them (and Santoni) but have gotten rid of most of them now. A lot of models are just a bit too splashy for my taste now and a lot of other brands imo offer better value for the money (esp. in the US I find Magnanni overpriced).

One the shoes above: the opanca looks nice and stands out but be mindful that means it is exceptionally difficult to replace the sole properly once you wear it down and most Magnanni soles are quite thin to begin with...

billbishere

Reaction score
One the shoes above: the opanca looks nice and stands out but be mindful that means it is exceptionally difficult to replace the sole properly once you wear it down and most Magnanni soles are quite thin to begin with...

Yah, I have noticed that as well. I have a couple other pairs too, I have the Cognac Marcello boots. They have worn down at the ball of my foot. I was hoping I could get that replaced tho when they do wear out because I love those boots.

I was considering having the rubber attachments added to the front part of these Abrahan | Curero.

Something like this...

Does that help at all? Any experience?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d probably do that before you wear them down. It might make the sole a bit thicker but reduces the chance you go past the point of no return. However, it does mean that the nice uninterrupted flow from the side to the sole gets interrupted....this isn’t my expertise and when I had this ages ago I at least then couldn’t get it fixed looking great without breaking the bank.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's quite a few in the big Nordy sale going on right now...

billbishere

Reaction score
Here are the Neiman Marcus exclusive that they didn't take because of Bankruptcy. Now they in limbo, not sure where they will be sold.

DSC08903.jpg

DSC08900.jpg

sirjoey

Reaction score
How do the sneakers fit?
Planning to get the Elonso sneaker for every day use and an alternative for common projects with much less of a price.

billbishere

Reaction score
How do the sneakers fit?
Planning to get the Elonso sneaker for every day use and an alternative for common projects with much less of a price.

They are great. They size a little big, i usually wear a 11.5 and I had to get these in 11. But, they are super comfy.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Magnanni that I stole for $120 new at Last Call. They get lots of compliments.

I just ordered these on sale for $189

And these on sale for a ridiculous $89

billbishere

Reaction score
I just picked up some new Maganni.

Magnanni LEIVA - Cognac

Attachments

• PICT_20200914_110130.jpg
    PICT_20200914_110130.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20200914_102949.jpg
    IMG_20200914_102949.jpg
    751 KB · Views: 27

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads