1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Magical finds

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Leo Jay, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Leo Jay

Leo Jay Senior Member

What's the highest quality non-prestige menswear item you've ever discovered?

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

Woven necktie from Cafe Coton in San Francisco, which came free with the purchase of a dress shirt.  The shirt is rather unremarkable, but the tie ties a perfect knot every time.

3. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

I've had some good luck at Target:

- Medium-brown leather belt, silver buckle, cool stitching detail on end. $3 on clearance

- Two Italian Merino wool sweaters, very rich colors and nice fit, made in England, $3.75 on clearance.

4. Ed13

Ed13 Senior Member

Wool tie from a street vendor in NY for $1. Was selling lots of polyester and cheap silks with one gem mixed in. Still one of my favorites.

5. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

I have some grey wool slacks and linen pants from a vendor named Bachrach, I think it may still be around on the East Coast and some parts of the midwest, but I love them to death.

6. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

Bachrach is a 'mall store', and can be found in larger shopping malls - several in the city in which I live.

Geared towards the 40+ crowd, the styles are conservative and nothing really for the younger guy. Once in a while they'll have something that looks on the trendier side, but I'm not in that store too often.

Some suits, slacks, and knits are made in Italy. Some styles are similar to Jhane Barnes, but not as edgy.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

yeah, the one in my hometown was closing down in the mid 90s and were blowing out stuff, I got like 4 pairs of nice wool slacks and the linen pants for $100, they seem to be quite good quality, very soft and comfortable.