• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

DeeLish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by doloresmia
Juliette, it is great that you spend so much time on the H tPF forum - per your own posts - with people that you clearly disdain. most of us, whether we post a lot or not, happen to think it is a nice thing to support other members who have worked, or married, or done very naughty things in order to earn their very expensive handbags, in the same way members here might get excited for their watches, shoes or other material and let's face it, fun bits and bobs. Personally I like that there is a place that you don't have to deal with the cattiness of which your posts are have been full. If it isn't too treacly for you - big hugs and kisses on the holidays and happy you have found a forum that suits your wit.

Meanwhile, I have been laughing my head off at this thread and want to plant a big kiss on Vox, Tokyo Slim, ClintonF, Icarus, Matt and too many others for your hilarious posts... and in case you were wondering, objectively speaking most men would not mind being kissed by me, although I won't post my dimensions on my profile like you do. Please come back to tPF often and I will continue to enjoy this thread. Muchas Gracias and happy festivus....

I agree... and have enjoyed the wit you boys have shown and hope you come back to PF to play some more.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cakeymakeybakey
I'm curious, juliette, do you carry a purse at all, and if so what kind?

It's on!

RJE

Reaction score
As I yesterday finally learnt how to embed (rather than just linking to) Youtube clips at a specific point in the clip, I allow myself a little repetition which I felt summed up foo's attempted shopping experience:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still on page 13 of this thread, but if it hasn't been said a thousand times already (actually, even if it has), the post below is a strong candidate for the single dumbest thing I've ever read in my life.
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy
To the OP, It sounds like you are "somebody", because they didn't know it was "you!" Trust me, H doesn't care a fig who you are if you give them attitude. Perhaps, they didn't know what the heck a breast pocket was. You went in there annoyed to begin with. And, you were not educated in Hermes to understand that you just can't go into an H Boutique and ask for a green pebbled calfskin wallet. They could have shown you a pebbled bullskin wallet or a pebbled goat skin wallet, but you asked for calfskin. You asked for a color that is most likely not in the SLG (small leather goods) collection currently. Judging from the dialog you memorized you well, you know what you want so much. As for the wallet costing so much. They are handmade, as you must know. Some cost as much as an inexpensive bag. The wallets are a work of art. They are as much a piece of art as a Birkin or a Constance. I believe green is going to be a big spring/summer color. Perhaps you could wait until then. I didn't know this forum existed until somebody on my beloved forum posted your silly post for the pure craziness of it. To own a piece of H is to love it, to have a relationship with an H SA is also important. There is so much more to H than the actual piece of leather. Maybe you are just not "worthy," whoever you are.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
I'm still on page 13 of this thread, but if it hasn't been said a thousand times already (actually, even if it has), the post below is a strong candidate for the single dumbest thing I've ever read in my life.

+1. A-mazing I'nt it?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Now that's some next level stuff there.

A bespoke purse for a purse!

next level is having 24/7 assistants to carry ones things

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
Sister, stick around for a few more days. Hell, hours, and reconsider this statement.

Two words: black suits.

Somewhere in the distant, I just heard half of SF loading their shotguns.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Purse Forum is the one with that blonde eastern european peasant girl who lives in Brooklyn right (the one ThinkDerm creepily posted pics of over and over and over and over again)? I imagine her being the ying to the yang of the guy on here (name escapes me) with the tattoos and facial hair who also lives in Brooklyn. They'd raise lovely children with thick immigrant accents that would read purple magazine and hang out at five leaves.

Btw, I'm sure all the weirdos on here with Asian/boyish girl fetish really get off looking through their pictures - I won't name names, but you know who you are.

Merry Christmas.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe
Yeah, other tPF readers don't seem too bad. PoddleMommy sounds like a nutcase with serious issues.

bing

Reaction score
somebody got a cliff's notes version of this thread?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Awesome thread. I had a very similar conversation with the hot blonde at VC also on Madison regarding a watch my cousin wanted to buy (he doesn't speak English very well, so I was acting as translator and WIS). How can you possibly sell a $35K watch and not have any inkling about WTF you are selling?

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm now wearing $300 Frette cashmere slippers with black suede trim and $200 cashmere cable knit socks by Ralph Lauren for Purple Label.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
I'm now wearing $300 Frette cashmere slippers with black suede trim and $200 cashmere cable knit socks by Ralph Lauren for Purple Label.

You should go to Hermes, buy a dark green breast wallet and post pictures of it online so
foo.gif
can go and show the moron at Hermes what he is looking for.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
You should go to Hermes, buy a dark green breast wallet and post pictures of it online so
foo.gif
can go and show the moron at Hermes what he is looking for.

I already own a RLPL alligator card case.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics