Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Dec 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I met her once at Bergdorf. Very nice lady and very eager to discuss her work. What would say is better about her workmanship?
    I think her edges are nicer, her sewing is generally neater, though I have seen one example of a sloppily sewn stingray piece of hers.

2. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

What would say is better about her workmanship?

He can't discuss that at this time.

3. Panzeraxe II

Panzeraxe II Senior member

I've seen some very nice green breast wallets at Henry Poole. But that's probably not what the Foo is looking for.

4. thrice

thrice Well-Known Member

"As a way to get the conversation started"? True in one respect....as a way to start a conversation putting others down. One of the favorite sports in that sub-forum. The "dramatic explosion" (that's such a sad description) ocurred because of the overarching need by certain tPFers to reinforce their delusion that they are superior to others because the stitched-together pieces of leather they use to carry their crap around cost a certain amount of money, or sport a certain name or because they had to play the game of spend-x-amount-on-scarves-and-trinkets-and-then-MAYBE-we'll-deem-you-worthy-of-a-birkin. I am - sadly - very familiar with ALL of the elements of that sub-forum. There are many women who either buy Hermes or have the financial wherewithal to buy it, who read sometimes in that sub-forum, but who decline to post because of the cliqueish, rude and ridiculous behaviour engaged in by certain members. Behaviour that were it directed at them, they would start a thread lamenting how people were being so mean to them - pout, pout - which would be followed by many posts of "oh, you poor thing, you". I would say, however, that that thread is the best thread going in the Hermes sub-forum. Not because of the insecure women who must do such things as pervert the screen name of one you to gentleman so that they can get in another feeble dig (changing the poster's screen name to "Icky").....but because the gentlemen bring a refreshing air of intelligence, information, and self-confidence to a forum that's usually full of posts whose messages are simply variations of "Ooooh, pretty!" and "I am SOMEBODY because I carry X brand". But enough about tPF. I am much more interested in further exploring THIS forum. I find it fascinating, intelligent, educational and entertaining. (Plus, guys can have varying opinions and just move on instead of getting their little feelings hurt. Love that) I do believe I am going to have to up my game in order to participate further here, however. I have smoked a cigar or two in my time (don't tell my doc, the lecture would never end), but I can't discuss them with the intelligence of the men here. But I am loving the education I am getting here. Thanks, guys!
    I truly enjoyed reading this. I just have to add that the bolded out parts are true for many fashion related forums. Anyways, welcome! I hope we get some more women in here to give their opinion on how we dress.

5. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

But enough about tPF. I am much more interested in further exploring THIS forum. I find it fascinating, intelligent, educational and entertaining. (Plus, guys can have varying opinions and just move on instead of getting their little feelings hurt. Love that)

Sister, stick around for a few more days. Hell, hours, and reconsider this statement.

6. Icarus

Icarus Senior member

I did not comment on the whole "what is the proper name for this wallet" because I thought the answer did not matter one way or the other (I've always just refereed to it as a long wallet or a coat wallet) , but I did recently speak to "April in Paris" and she did indeed refer to it as a "breast pocket wallet".

7. Hany

Hany Senior member

Is this a Hermes breast wallet on eBay?
    I believe it's an agenda...

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

How dare we let this thread almost get off the front page on Xmas. For shame, SF.

9. NORE

NORE Senior member

10. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Senior member

Sister, stick around for a few more days. Hell, hours, and reconsider this statement.
    Xmas time is SF at it's kindest. Wait until valentines day or tax time for the full experience.

11. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Great Decacle of '07

Back when both forums were young, and people were idiots about Internet security, a Purse Forum member posted pictures of herself. Many pictures of herself.
    She was shocked and appalled when a Style Forum member copied those pictures, and created a rather stalkerish thread over here.

After a series of curses, comments, and significant mod intervention, much was deleted.

I was but a newbie to the forum at the time - I remember it mostly because almost overnight, the restrictions on sharing and viewing pictures tightened.

I remember that. One lady was dressed as Alice in Wonderland. I think Get Smart posted the pics. What was funny was these ladies thinking that what was posted on the fucking internet was somehow private and no one outside of the intended audience would view it. I considered it a rather painless lesson in the reality of the internet.

12. TheduchessofH

TheduchessofH Active Member

I just received my bespoke purse organisers from Hermes. I designed them in August 2008, and although the process was long, it was well worth the wait, to me. Hermes does things within the 'spirit' of the house, so if you want something that's in no way recognisable as Hermes, it's best to look elsewhere. I change my handbags almost daily, and a Birkin can become a 'black hole' and I hate rummaging around trying to feel for my keys, etc. I had to have something I could easily transfer from bag to bag. I know that some members don't appreciate photos without dimensions; but I'm not including them because so many Hermes items are faked. I had mine made in two sizes. One to fit my small Birkin25, and one to fit my Birkin35. The PM, and MM both fit in my Birkin30's. The photos are the PM version in Rose Shocking, Chevre. Merry Christmas! Cheers, Donna
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

I just received my bespoke purse organisers from Hermes. I designed them in August 2008, and although the process was long, it was well worth the wait, to me.

Hermes does things within the 'spirit' of the house, so if you want something that's in no way recognisable as Hermes, it's best to look elsewhere.

I change my handbags almost daily, and a Birkin can become a 'black hole' and I hate rummaging around trying to feel for my keys, etc. I had to have something I could easily transfer from bag to bag.

I know that some members don't appreciate photos without dimensions; but I'm not including them because so many Hermes items are faked.
    I had mine made in two sizes. One to fit my small Birkin25, and one to fit my Birkin35. The PM, and MM both fit in my Birkin30's.
    The photos are the PM version in Rose Shocking, Chevre.

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
    Donna

Cute. I've been trying to get my wife to buy into this concept for a long time - she finally bought a small zip up bag for her pill bottles, it looks a bit like this:

[​IMG]

Not quite as stylish, but equally functional [​IMG]

14. TheduchessofH

TheduchessofH Active Member

Cute. I've been trying to get my wife to buy into this concept for a long time - she finally bought a small zip up bag for her pill bottles, it looks a bit like this:

[​IMG]

Not quite as stylish, but equally functional [​IMG]

touche.[​IMG] lol.

15. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

I just received my bespoke purse organisers from Hermes. I designed them in August 2008, and although the process was long, it was well worth the wait, to me.

Hermes does things within the 'spirit' of the house, so if you want something that's in no way recognisable as Hermes, it's best to look elsewhere.

I change my handbags almost daily, and a Birkin can become a 'black hole' and I hate rummaging around trying to feel for my keys, etc. I had to have something I could easily transfer from bag to bag.

I know that some members don't appreciate photos without dimensions; but I'm not including them because so many Hermes items are faked.
    I had mine made in two sizes. One to fit my small Birkin25, and one to fit my Birkin35. The PM, and MM both fit in my Birkin30's.
    The photos are the PM version in Rose Shocking, Chevre.

Merry Christmas!

Cheers,
    Donna

So, you place this inside your Birkin and then place all your stuff inside it and if the next day you want to use your other Birkin, you take this out and put this in the other Birkin ? Am I understanding this right ?

So basically the Birkin is the outer shell and this is the inner container ?