Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Dec 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. thejohngalt100

thejohngalt100 Active Member

Happy except that I had to go back 331 posts to find your post from yesterday.

2. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Honestly, the original context of my post is getting totally lost in a "our forum members have fatter wallets than your forum members" pissing contest.

I could really give a shit how much money is won, lost, given away, or lavishly frittered on horological wonders by the dudes here on SF. The point I was trying to make in my post #473 is that none of us should judge a book by its cover. My "tea at Bergdorf's" tale was merely a response to the allegation by one of you that Purse Forum members don't seem to fit the "exclusive" mold. Don't you get it -- there is no mold or type for the people who like to own luxury goods, and that my table of friends probably looked like they could have been meeting for coffee at Dunkin Donuts even though our closets all contain very expensive handbags. I wasn't trying to drop dollar signs, or impress y'all with how much we can afford.

But if you like that kind of pecker-matching, so be it. On tPF, we have women with multi-million dollar closet stashes, people who could buy and sell most of Seoul, and a few Hollywood A-listers. Happy now?

Oh! Well, if that's the case, then welcome!

3. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Re: cakeymakeybakey

Stream of consciousness is part and parcel of SF. Both a boon and a bane.

4. merkur

merkur Senior member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

5. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

But if you like that kind of pecker-matching, so be it. On tPF, we have women with multi-million dollar closet stashes, people who could buy and sell most of Seoul, and a few Hollywood A-listers. Happy now?

There are bespoke tailors here who pay their apprentices in kimchi. There are members who date a few Hollywood B-listers (well, D.). We have dudes who can buy and sell the parts of Seoul that your members don't buy and sell. We also have men who are still in their closets.

Am I happy now? I am always happy, partially because my H SAs are attentive.

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

My SAs are at JCP.

7. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Senior member

Happy except that I had to go back 331 posts to find your post from yesterday.

Seriously?

Just click on the poster's name, selection "find other posts", and skim. Takes seconds.

8. softy

softy Senior member

Seriously?

Just click on the poster's name, selection "find other posts", and skim. Takes seconds.

Please. I have my SA do that for me.

9. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

Honestly, the original context of my post is getting totally lost in a "our forum members have fatter wallets than your forum members" pissing contest.
    You mean how even the most civilised discussion in Current Events turns into an epic poo flinging contest within approx 7 posts?

10. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

?

This is what happens when you don't know the forum language. The 250k middle class thing is a running joke here as is the Degas and the inheritance thing.

Pro tip, take everything Vox/F. Corbera posts with an immense helping of salt. In fact, it's just best to assume he's taking the piss at all times.

11. cakeymakeybakey

cakeymakeybakey Active Member

Pecker-mashing is approved of on here

So I've stumbled onto a den of boastful dandies with S&M tendencies?

12. Vintage Leather

Vintage Leather Well-Known Member

We have a Festivus party in the other thread. I think we've pretty much hit the same point in this one, with slightly different feats of strength.

The fact I am viewing this as interesting entertainment is probably sad.

13. cakeymakeybakey

cakeymakeybakey Active Member

This is what happens when you don't know the forum language. The 250k middle class thing is a running joke here as is the Degas and the inheritance thing.

Pro tip, take everything Vox/F. Corbera posts with an immense helping of salt. In fact, it's just best to assume he's taking the piss at all times.

Ah, thanks for enlightening me. I'll take that under advisement.

14. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

[​IMG]