• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

Rain&Coffee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
A-ha! That explains it. Thank you for the clarification. Though the process of purse worship beginning at 13 is a little
ffffuuuu.gif

I was gleefully and slovenly dressed at 13.

softy - The younger set posts a lot in the Relationships subforum, as well as the Celebrity Gossip subforum. I'm sure there are some who have never ventured into a handbag subforum. It is interesting to witness the personality of the subs depending on the age they attract.

My husband is a member here, though he never posts. He is the one who alerted me to this thread a few days ago.

Glad Foo will get his wallet.

Srynerson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Okay, now I understand. I had a somewhat similar experience at Corthay in Paris the last time I went to place an order. They had greatly expanded the styles one can order. I wanted a certain model in a certain patina, but when they didn't have any of that particular model in my particular size, they told me they could not take my order. They suggested a store in New York City who could take the order. But, I said, I'm right here in Paris, and this is the place that will eventually receive any orders from New York, so why don't I simply order here? To no avail.

Actually, I bet that makes 100% sense from a legal perspective, they just couldn't articulate it to you. I would strongly suspect that Leffot in NYC has an exclusive dealing contract for Corthay sales in the United States (particularly given that the companies seem to have a very close relationship) and it would violate that contract for Corthay to ship directly to a US customer.
teacha.gif

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
That's actually a very nice wallet. The idea of a "breast" wallet never crossed my mind before but thanks to this thread, and a growing frustration with my normal billfold puffing out one side of my chest when I put it in my breast pocket (cause it's chock full of hundreds), I might actually look into this concept further.
I've been using one for a couple of years, and love it for when I'm wearing a jacket. For me it's more convenient than using a wallet when I'm in a suit, and more suave.

khaki sack

Reaction score
I'm on side of ,SA.

What makes consumers ,think, they have right to buy Hermes?

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung
Anything less than Sartre and Foucault is looked down upon on SF.

<----

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by khaki sack
I'm on side of ,SA.

What makes consumers ,think, they have right to buy Hermes?

Vaclav returns!

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I am not big time at all.

All the more reason to not give horrible places your business, Foo. You're worth more than that

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked in the Hermes here in Venice. They don't have it.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
All the more reason to not give horrible places your business, Foo. You're worth more than that

are you real?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
It is weird, but certainly no weirder than SF. At least women are somewhat expected to obsess over this kind of stuff. And on the creepy pictures comment, that room is terrible but lower on the creepmeter than public restroom shots (sometimes with strangers in the background ?!), stalking babe pics, or a dirty empty plate of eaten BBQ. And ironically, we have hundreds of pics of dudes (gay and straight) carryin purses posted over here!!
Lord Yes. I, for one, would like to welcome our new female overlord (if you're married, you know it's true) members. I'd like for them to stick around, actually, and continue to provide input. Furthermore, love him or hate him, Foo keeps the fermentation going on this forum. I respect him for what he was trying to obtain and the way he went about it - in fact, I've now seen the light as to what he is all about - a revelation of sorts. Kind of like when Helen Keller made the "water connection".

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
That's actually a very nice wallet. The idea of a "breast" wallet never crossed my mind before but thanks to this thread, and a growing frustration with my normal billfold puffing out one side of my chest when I put it in my breast pocket (cause it's chock full of hundreds), I might actually look into this concept further.

My tailor has a solution for this. "Put your wallet in your pants pocket."

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
My tailor has a solution for this. "Put your wallet in your pants pocket."

Sorry, that's where I keep my can of Skoal..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads