Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mafoofan, Dec 20, 2010.

Tags:
  1. M. Bardamu

M. Bardamu Senior member

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

Oh yes, TS has already got them eating out of his hand. [​IMG]
    Which is dangerous, considering people are bitten every day by unfamiliar animals! [​IMG] Is that you in the 1964 Hermes ad? If so, that's pretty awesome.

3. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

HIJACK-------
    what do you do when you aren't wearing a jacket? Do you take everything out of the wallet and put it in a regular wallet?

I usually let which ever female companion I am with hold it in her purse. Other times I put it in my briefcase or messenger bag.

4. NORE

NORE Senior member

Expect a succession of increasingly lewd and incoherent e-mails tonight from a certain Democratic page boy...

[​IMG]

She is attractive BTW. Hopefully Conne doesn't see this.

5. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

Oh, just wait for it. I was thinking the same way... until my wife realizes that I have more "nicer" stuff than she does...

There is no way anyone should ever let their wife/SO know that Edward Greens and John Lobbs cost more than Christian Louboutins. Ever.

[​IMG]

6. sonick

sonick Senior member

Expect a succession of increasingly lewd and incoherent e-mails tonight from a certain Democratic page boy...

[​IMG]

7. NORE

NORE Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

There is no way anyone should ever let their wife/SO know that Edward Greens and John Lobbs cost more than Christian Louboutins. Ever.

[​IMG]

SHHH! We're being watched [​IMG]

9. bigbucky

bigbucky Senior member

In other words.... you will have to wait and see and that is pretty much what the original SA said. And this after the whole incident was blown up over multiple boards and more than one person likely contacted them. I would bet dollars to donuts that, considering how -umm. thick? bullheaded? obtuse, yes obtuse is the word-, how obtuse you are online that you are similar in person. Given that, I suspect fairly strongly that you did not pick up on any of the various clues that were being lobed your way and rather charged on expecting things to be done the only way you know of- the Foo way. That having failed you pitched a little e-fit and will likely get your way because of it. How many people have mentioned that Hermes has "podium" (what ever that means in this context) and a limited number of special orders each store can make? Why not just accept that perhaps you should have taken the hint, left your information, and went on your way? I agree that it's stupid that there are all these hoops to jump through just to spend your money, that in general your money is as good as anyone else's, but in the world of artificial scarcity and brand identity that you have chosen to attempt to partake in these are the rules. And frankly Hermes would not be Hermes if they operated like a dunkin' donuts.
    I don't understand.

[​IMG]

10. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

lets try to keep discussion of the ladies civil please.

11. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

[​IMG]

Ha!

12. NORE

NORE Senior member

There is no way anyone should ever let their wife/SO know that Edward Greens and John Lobbs cost more than Christian Louboutins. Ever. [​IMG]
    Truth. My wife adds, "but ask him how much they cost" whenever someone compliments me on my shoes. Im about one compliment away from catching a case....

13. moddey

moddey Well-Known Member

that's wonderful that H. called and I do hope the Foo gets his bespoke breast wallet.

is this the first of a series of e-fit threads where he overcomes mistreatment by cashing in on his e-celebrity? E.g.:

Foo unhappy with room at the Connaught, too much construction noise...20 pages later -- upgrade!
    Foo can't get reservation at French Laundry on his birthday -- 30 pages later - Chef's table!
    Foo told he has to wait 5 years for Ferrari Enzo...
    Foo gets...audience with the Pope!
    Foo complains and ...the little Foofs get into Harvard!
    I see an even brighter future for him now.

14. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

that's wonderful that H. called and I do hope the Foo gets his bespoke breast wallet.

is this the first of a series of e-fit threads where he overcomes mistreatment by cashing in on his e-celebrity? E.g.:

Foo unhappy with room at the Connaught, too much construction noise...20 pages later -- upgrade!
    Foo can't get reservation at French Laundry on his birthday -- 30 pages later - Chef's table!
    Foo told he has to wait 5 years for Ferrari Enzo...
    Foo gets...audience with the Pope!
    Foo complains and ...the little Foofs get into Harvard!
    I see an even brighter future for him now.

[​IMG]

15. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

[​IMG]

exactly